Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
il
City
Wheeling
Pal wants to go to his Fathers 75 bday party but his father lives 4 hours away, so we would at a min need to stay one night. He doesn't think he can sleep on a flat bed anymore. He is now wearing BiPap all day, but I have an inverter to use that in the car, Any ideas on how we can prop him in a hotel room. Is it really safe for him to travel that far in a car? I want him to go, but not at his health expense. Ive see some of those wedges but do they work? Have any other Cals used this with their PAL? Has anyone traveled with their PAL this advanced? My guess is his FVC- if measured would be less than 12

Traveling is good, visiting DAd is great. Be Prepared.

If you were as obsessive as I am, you'd have the locations of all the ERs marked on a map.
Make sure the room you have reserved will meet your needs, ADA shower and toilet, etc.

If his BiPAP is set right and he is comfortable on it, he should be able to tolerate a hotel bed on their thick pillows for a night (elevate head and feet). Bring an extra fan, a thin pillow or two because the hotel ones can be too thick, distilled water for the BiPAP, his own favorite sheet or blanket, music, etc. I assume he still transfers without a lift and can use a regular bathroom? Use a non-smoking hotel. If back pain is an issue, look for a major chain like Marriott or Hyatt that has good quality mattresses, or wherever he was comfortable last time you traveled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back