01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Yes, there are some.

With all the heartache and worry and loss that this ride brings us, we can, sometimes, see the half full glass. Let's share.

Here's my start:

Hubby is exhausted, in bed early, and only wants soup for dinner = I can eat cake and ice cream for dinner and not get caught!!!! Salty Caramel Cake and Fudge Tracks ice cream. I did start with a kale and almond milk smoothie, but cake and ice cream was the main course.

I had caramel cake for dinner too!! And now I am topping it off with milk chocolate clusters with crispies and caramel! Caramel--it should be it's own food group!!!

That is so funny! YES, caramel should be it's own food group!

I had cheesecake on a pecan brownie crust. it was tope with caramel, chocolate and whip cream. That was last night!

I've worked most of the pounds off now, but my big one, later at night in bed (Chris was set up in the lounge room) was a double vanilla icecream, loads of crushed nuts, and smothered in a rich chocolate topping. Sometimes I would go back for second bowl!

Haven't eaten it even once since, so I obviously don't need it now :lol:

Dang it, I can taste it now!!!

Ok.. So I'm not alone when it comes to finding happiness for a short while with My Ben&Jerry Caramel sutra ( yes the whole pint ) after my Sweet wife is sleeping. Safe to say I've gained some caregiver pounds over the past 5 years.

Here's another silver lining: For all of our marraige I've wished that I could show my sweetie how much I love him. He has always excelled at grand gestures, something I just don't think about.

Well, check that one off.

BTW: the first person who calls me ass wipe(r) is toast!

Ok well that explains my new found extra 15 lbs! I have never been an emotional eater until now. Nothing like half a box of chocolate chunk cookies at 3:00 AM :)

Not me Nuts, I'm just bowing and saying yes your majesty ;)

I also had a bad ice cream habit. However it was anything I could get my hands on....be careful of weight watchers bars. From personal experience eating high fiber ice cream can have detrimental effects!

I really enjoy just opening a can of soup for myself when I don't feel like cooking, followed by a big bowl of ice cream of course!
Now that my husband doesn't eat, I feel guilty cooking a nice meal for myself so the cooking has really dropped off.

Sharon

Sharon I was the same in that I just couldn't cook a really good meal, I just felt too guilty. If I did cook something good I couldn't eat it in front of Chris. I did eat in front of him but to cook some steak, mushrooms, veges ... nup I would just feel like a torturer. So I therefore was eating less and less, particularly veges.

I used a lot of nuts for protein, but then all that icecream!!!

I don't even have any icecream in the house most of the time now lol

A silver lining....those that travel this journey with you offering support,love, and a shoulder to lean on will be an important part of your life later on.

Excellent thread!

I suppose the four of us were going to become a pretty tight family with the usual sibling rivalry.
Now, it's just the three of us having taken the journey together, we are a SUPER TIGHT family. Very loving and supportive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back