Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Diego
So I'm taking my sweet husband to Las Vegas for a few days. His sister and brother in law are already there. It's not really my favorite place but as Mike says it's what the PALS wants. He was very down this morning so I'm hoping it will lift his spirits. We will be stopping in Death Valley on the way home. My work commitments can wait.

V

I hope you guys have a good time!
jen

I wish you all the luck in Vegas, that den of iniquity and vice! I've been 4 times, and each time I think, "Well, at least I can say I've been!" and very happily leave again. However, there's something just a little magical about the soft chime of all those gambling machines and watching all the drunks staggering around.
I understand that Death Valley is experiencing an unprecedented wild flower bloom this year and is absolutely beautiful right now. Apparently it only happens every other decade or so- so you have picked the absolute best time to go. I hope it's as stunning as I've heard.
Safe travels

Have a great time for your PALS! I hope his spirits lift.

The wild flowers sound beautiful ... could make it worth the effort :)

Thanks Jen, Shiftkicker, and Tillie...I did hear that Death Valley is in bloom. Can't wait to see the flowers in the desert.

Have a great time. My favorite place in the whole world. We were there several months ago... I did well. Not so well the wife. But we got the week comped just the same.

I'm not to sure how we will do it the next time now that I'm on a g tube. Probably will have to FedEx a weeks supply of nourishment before we go.

Meanwhile... Have a great time.

Thanks Carex. Should be fun for my husband.

Have a great time! If you get a chance and enjoy the Beatles, "Love" is an incredible production!

Death Valley will be awesome! If you have the opportunity to see it after dark, the star show is the most magnificent we've ever seen. It's pitch dark and the milky way looks so close it seems like you could reach up and run your hand through it. We had one of those indelible moments there that we still talk about. Wishing you all the magic, too!

Thanks...I'm hoping we can see a show while in Vegas, and the stars out in Death Valley along with the flowers.

Definitely see the Beatles "love" show. We saw it on the last trip... Stunning, is the only word! We usually take in one headliner ( big name entertainer ) and one 'house' show. Have a great time!

Oh how I wish I was going! I love Vegas. My wife and I went every year from 2000 to 2010. I'm a big blackjack player, she likes the slots. What we enjoyed the most is that there are no timelines, no clocks, it's always alive and the food is wonderful 24/7! We've talked about going one more time but I just don't think my body can stand the trip.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Vince

Thanks Carex, we saw the Blue Man Group...no time for another show. My husband and his sister like the slots, just like your wife, Vince.

The highlight for me was Death Valley and the area surrounding the park. The flowers were spectacular, I will try and post a picture. We stayed at Tecopa Hot Springs outside of the park, which has a hot pool and a vegetarian restaurant, and best of all, no cell phone coverage or wifi. Hard to come back.

V

Big welcome back V - great memories you created, sounds like a great time. I am really hoping to see the photos!

Dunno about photos Tillie...what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas....!!

Vince my friend, it's probably a fair hike to Vegas for you, but I truly hope you get there again...

V, have an awesome time! Death Valley sounds beautiful.

not vegas Janelle, I want to see the wild flowers in death valley!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back