Diagnosis
12/2015
Country
US
State
PA
City
Small town
I decided I was no longer going to dye my hair, so that I would look more in sync with my husband's age. I thought it a show of solidarity, or whatever. He is 11 years older than me and his hair turned pure white about 10 years ago. I have used a semi-permanent rinse on my hair for at least that long. Soon, we go to see an old friend that we hadn't seen in about 8 months (she lives about 600 miles away) and after hugs and hellos, only a moment or two had passed when she says "I almost didn't recognize you, your hair has so much grey" ........:roll: She then catches herself, and in an attempt to repair the comment says "it looks good though, the white is all over and it kind of blends in very naturally". I thought this was kinda funny, really, so that is why I am sharing!

Sometimes the hilarity of those foot in mouth moments actually brings us back to a more normal level don't you think? Good on you for 'going natural'. I have never in my life put any colouring in my hair (OK except for a disaster experiment as a young teenager), and intend to stay that way.

Thanks for sharing, it gave me a nice early morning chuckle :)

All I can say is thank goodness my husband had very few greys. He is eight years older than me but without my bottle of magic I would look older than him.

Yes, it was funny Tillie - that's why I had to share it!

I decided to let mine grow out after Matt's diagnosis--I figured it would be one more thing I wouldn't have to keep up with. One day sitting in the hospital waiting room he elevated his chair and saw the top of my head--and asked me to go back to the bottle. LOL--ok, but I did get it cut very short.

I found a great little spray that I use in between coloring. I can go a few more weeks. Steve used to put my color on for me. I taught him well. Now when he sees me do it myself he gets a little sad. I wish I could let mine go but I am in outside sales and need the buyers to listen to me not stare at my new zebra stripe. lol. I did cut mine shorter which added about 30 minutes to my day.

Hey, BigMark - somehow I forgot to reply to your post. Thanks for the link. I was actually humming that in my head when I wrote down the title!

Yep I had that song immediately in my head too. One of the 10CC guys now lives up here and plays with a few different bands around the traps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back