Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Just when you think you know what you're facing...

My darling often falls asleep in his chair in the afternoon. I have to tie his legs and put a wrap around his elbows to keep them from falling off, but he sleeps well, and I never leave him alone like that. Until today.

My friend and neighbor called to say her husband is in the hospital and asked if I'd keep her dog. Of course. She and Heidi are buddies. Well, she managed to get out of my back yard and disappear, so I HAD to go after her. I was gone 10 minutes. I knew she'd be on her front porch.

I returned to find Matt has moved his chair...in his sleep, while tied up. Sigh. Sleep driving---great. So I drove him into the bedroom (yep, need those attendant controls) and got him into bed...without him waking up.

Wow. Just wow. It's much tougher when he's not helping, but I did it.

It is, however, easier when he's really asleep than when he's pretending to sleep in order to "give me practice". I shut that down real fast.

So now both dogs are sleeping with my sweetie, and he's not awake to appreciate it. I do have a picture for him!

How funny is that??? I moved Tracy everywhere...with a lift and a sling...but I can't imagine doing it not waking her...that's amazing!! What talent you have!!!! I am in awe...bowing down....
You are awesome!

Oh T, it's not a testament to my skill, but rather a sign, I think, of how exhausted he is. He slept all day Saturday, and then had two busy days Sunday and Monday--I half expected him to stay in bed today. It's kind of scary to me how heavily he sleeps when this happens. What amazes me is that I was able to drive him into the bedroom using his controls, with his feet elevated, and not run into anything. Incredible. I could never do that if he were awake and supervising me...:)

It is a bit scary that he would sleep that deeply, all the way through.

Still your skills are impressive I must say!

On Saturday night steve slept 14 hrs. We had visitors during the day and he was tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back