Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
I know we all have those moments when something bubbles up and we either blurt it out before thinking or bite down really, really hard. Today was such a day for me.

I left this morning on my weekend escape. My SIL joined me for the first leg, which was several hours at an outlet mall. Hubby's belly is now peeking out from under his beloved polo shirts (that's all he wears), so I found the Polo outlet and bought new shirts in a variety of colors. While doing this I couldn't help remembering looking into his closet two years ago and wondering if he'd ever get a chance to wear the ones he had at that time (he's always been a clothes horse).

The lady next to me at the counter asked if I was really buying all of those shirts and I told her yes, that that is all my husband wears. Her response: "those just might last him the rest of his life."

OH BOY. I am sooooo proud of myself. I know she meant no harm and would have been devastated if she'd have known what you all know. All I could think was "don't do it, don't do it." I just smiled and told they just might. That was all.

I bought him two of each color because I am hopeful. Well, and because if we reach the point that he we can't get them over his head it will take two shirts to convert one to open in the back and do the job right.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the quilt shop. Let's hope that's a bit safer.

Would anybody else like to share?

Becky
The Queen of Everything

I stayed home, mostly in my pajamas. We all took a different room in the house. That was as safe as possible!

Nuts, I think I can top your tongue- biter. The other day I took hubby to clinic.Dropped him off and parked on the fourth floor in the parking garage. When we came out he waited in the lobby and I went up to get the car and noticed that the car next to mine was running. I thought maybe someone had left a baby in the back seat as there was no one in the drivers seat. On closer inspection I discovered that it was not a baby, but a couple having a "quickie" at 2 o'clock in the afternoon!

Cici, That is priceless. Steph

Cici, I might have had to applaud them!!

Steph, I actually thought about just going upstairs and locking myself in, but I was afraid I'd just keep getting called downstairs.

I thought I wanted to be alone last night, but I ended up calling my stepbrother and his wife, who had already put clean sheets on the bed for me, and I spent the night with them. It was nice. It was a lovely evening and I'm thinking about stealing their cat. Heidi (our dog) and Matt would love him.

Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back