UK
State
South Yorkshire
City
Barnsley
We have moved

Dave

Good for uou. Hope you like the new place and all goes well

Congratulations, Dave! How do you like the new place? I want to say that I hope you had help, but I'm afraid you probably had to do it all yourself. What a job!

It's nice to hear from you!
Becky

good morning.

Thank you for the well wishes. It took me 2 days to move and a further 5 days to sort out the bungalow that I have called "Davlie" (the first 3 letters of my name and thew last 3 letters of Julie's name".

I have my broadband being fitted today, at last, no more phone messenging, never been good at that.

I have been up since 3am as I wanted to paint the kitchen, the last room to be completed.

With regards to Julie...

It didn't go too well to be honest, Julie was confused and scared for 3 days, sleeping only 2 or 3 hours a day / night from her normal 14 hours a night. Then on the 4th day Julie slept for a straight 15 hours and a switch went off in her head and she was my Julie again, back to normal.

Unfortunately the Dementia and MND were not left behind, they are still hear but on a ggod note Julie will, soon, have 3 day care days a week, Monday, Wednesday as normal then a Friday to be added within the next few weeks. As we have moved there is no transport to take her to the centre for now, this needs to be arranged by Social Services and they are not known for their speed in processing things, but, at least Julie's centre is only a 7 minute drive from "Davelie"

Julie and I love this bungalow, it is soooooooo much safer for Julie. I have taken a lod of before & after photo's so I will pick the best and post them here as soon as I get my PC broadband set up, proberbly later today or tomorrow.

Right, time to paint the 2nd coat in the kitchen

Dave X

Great news Dave, hope it feels like home.
Love Gem

I'm still painting Gem, I think I have more on me than on the walls. Going for the 3rd and last coat of paint.

I did stop for a while as Julie and I went to the hardware store to buy more paint and a cooker hood (fan extractor) so another job hanging that once the paint has dried.

Dave X

I'm so glad to see you here again Dave. I'm happy that you got your "Davlie". and can live in a safer environment for both of you.
Audrey

I'm so glad to see you here again Dave. I'm happy that you got your "Davlie". and can live in a safer environment for both of you.
Audrey

Thank you Audrey, it is nice to be back. I had a little 'Man Crisis' the other week. That's caring I suppose. Feel much better now we have moved and Julie is settled now.

In fact I am on cloud 9 as the broadband guy has arrived and is drilling holes in my lounge wall to the outside to connect me to the big old WWW.

On another note, sadly Julie has lost another 3lb in a month, Dietician came today and weighed Julie, to date Julie has lost 3 stone 9 lbs in a year. I have no idea what that is in KG's but I know it is a lot.

Dave x

Today it snowed, Julie has not seen it yet as she is in the land of 'Nod' still.

Going to take Julie out in the countryside (from 2 minutes drive in any direction) to frolic in the snow. Me thinks that we will stay in the car though to save any falling down accidents. The countryside is absolutely beautiful in Yorkshire, even better when it has snowed.

Dave x

I am sitting here (at my PC) listening to Radio 2 on my PC chair. I swung around very slowly to look at this room and I said (out loud) "I love my new home".

I really do... I cannot wait for the rest of the family to come visit and see what it is Julie & I have done to this place (I used the term 'Julie' loosely hahaha)

No, seriously, this place is absolutely perfect for the two of us and Julie has so much settled down, more so than in the last gaff we were in. She wanders around still, opening doors and cupboards to have a nosey then sits back down on the sofa then gets back up again and goes to a different room... I suppose Julie is trying to get used to this house and where stuff is.

Julie has not once mentioned anything about her missing clothes that were recycled which must have been 5 or 6 very large boxes of stuff that I have recycled, things like low cut tops and anything over a size 12.

I did iron all tops and jumpers and bought 50 or so new coat hangers and hung everything up in the two wardrobes (in order of colour / type) so I think that doing this makes it looks like nothing has been thrown away... I did good if I say so myself

:)

Happy for you both. Proud of you, too.

Thanks Mike.

Dave

Dave you are a treasure, and you sound so much more relaxed. I'm sooo happy for you and Julie. So glad that wifi is back up so you can resume talking to us!
Becky

OK... Now sorted out the spare room. Intended as a 2nd bedroom, then a dining room and now a 2nd PC room (to small to call it a man cave)

Attachments

• Man Room.jpg
    Man Room.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 380
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back