Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
Aus
State
Western Australia
City
Bridgetown
My BJ has laughter as his main emotional liability and we find many non funny things to laugh at.
On Saturday out of the blue he asked me would I like some fireworks tonight, well you can guess where my mind went, with a twinkle in my eye I said yes please that would be nice, he was actually thinking we should go to our local agricultural show and watch the fireworks that night. We had a great laugh and some wonderful cuddles followed. Yes we did some fireworks together at the show.
Love and hugs Gem

I love the joy and enduring love in this story...thanks for sharing it with us!
Audrey

Gem that's a beautiful story!

God bless, Janelle x

Come on everyone lets hear about the wonderful moments that happen in our journey of ALS.
Love and hugs Gem

hey gem, i like that you all call "IT" fireworks, my wife and i call "IT" "BOOM BOOM " is this to much info? HA HA HA love ya chally

We are going to have to up our game here...we call "it"..."it"!

Gem not sure if this is what you mean...

Back story. My dad is from a long line of 'men are men, and women can stay in the kitchen and keep quiet,'. He loves my mum dearly, and me and my brothers, but I didn't grow up in a house of hugs and I Love Yous.

Also I'm the first to admit I'm no oil painting. Especially now, half my face has dropped so smiling is not a good look, plus weight...say no more!

Anyway, on our cruise we had some family photos done. I will post one when I get organised.

When we were watching the slide show to select the photos we wanted, my dad started crying a little.

We were all like 'whaaaaat?'

Then dad says, 'I didn't realise how much this has changed my daughter's beautiful face,'

Ok so I'm a bit teary now, as I was then. My dad had never NEVER called me beautiful before.

I will never forget that special moment.

We do need rain to see the rainbow.

God bless, Janelle x

Love your story Gem! Those cuddles are wonderful! My pals had some creative ideas to use his sling. Just sayin....

Sherry

Janelle, Thanks for sharing that poignant and bittersweet story about your Dad.

Unfortunately (or sometimes fortunately) we do need that rain to have that rainbow to appear. I appreciate you opening your soul to us.
Audrey

What a nice thing to hear from your father Janelle. I am so glad that he had that moment and let you know what he has thought all along. I am married to a man of few words so when he says something I believe it. Your father had always know how beautiful you are inside and out. Glad you had this special time together.

Hi everyone,
One of my favourite memories is from our trip to Italy. A friend was getting married and for months he said he wouldn't go if he couldn't walk. I told him fine, see you when I get back. A few weeks before the wedding he changed his mind. The bride and groom's families completely embraced us, complete strangers for the most part. At the reception I kept bugging him to dance. He wouldn't because he was too self conscious. I was persistent and he agreed to the last dance, a waltz. Our last dance was under a full moon in Tuscany.
After the song ended, he leaned into me and said, " I would have preferred something faster". I completely cracked up. It still makes me smile just thinking about it.
How I miss fireworks.

PD I love that story. Thanks.

Thanks everyone, let hear some more special moments and put some more smiles on our dial.
Love and hugs
Gem

When Krissy and I met, we were both in the Air Force in Germany. When our relationship got serious, we drove down to Italy--Venice, actually--and got a room overlooking the port where fishing boats and some smallish navy ships were docked. I don't like crowds, so we avoided the usual tourist stuff. At midnight, however, we were strolling in the moonlight and saw just one gondolier who hadn't put away his boat. So in the quiet of the night, we got a bottle of wine and took a midnight gondola ride through the canals all by ourselves without any tourists around.

Decades later, and just a few months after Krissy passed from ALS, I took our kids to Italy for a vacation to help the surviving family bond together. We even took my boys' girlfriends so the trip wouldn't be just two teens being dragged around by dad. We went to Venice, found a gondola before the tourists arrived, and I accompanied my kids and their girls hugging and smiling as our gondolier took us around the canals of the city. Expensive trip across the world, yes, but it was the best investment I ever made in my family.

Awesome Mike.
Your kids will never forget that trip, it will always have special meaning.
I think Krissy would have been there in spirit.

PD, dancing in the moonlight with the one you love...perfect.

Thank you both for the stroll down a very loving memory lane.

God bless, Janelle x

This morning as I was leaving for work Steve called me over and I bent down. He hugged me and told me that he was so grateful to have met me and that he was sorry he has been so distant and ungrateful lately. He told me he was the luckiest man in the world to have me and that he knew everything I was doing was to help him. He then did his best to give me a big hug and kiss and told me he loved me more.

In the past I would say I love you and he would say I love you more. Touching moment for me and started my day back to work out right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back