Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
SA
State
Kwazulu Natal
City
Durban
This may seem like a strange post, but I just felt I wanted to share this with you all. So often when we are sharing, it is about the tough moments. Yesterday I had a moment that was so wonderful I wanted to freeze it in time. Just the other day I posted on one of Scaredwife's threads about how the lack of empathy and emotion is the hardest thing for me to bare in on this journey. Well, yesterday, my husband who usually shows no emotion and makes no eye contact with me at all, made eye contact with me and showed me he wanted me to go to him. When I got there I leant down to him in his recliner and he rested his head on mine and smiled. When I looked at him he told me how much he loved me with his eyes! It was the most beautiful moment you could ever imagine. So, despite everything, we still have moments worth living for. Special, precious, magical moments.

And it is just those such moments that will be forever imprinted upon your mind's eye and relived long after all lesser memories have faded away. Thank you for sharing so precious an instant in life and time...

Jim

wow, brought a tear to my eye, so beautiful!

Thank you for sharing. Such a small moment, but so touching and important. Solace in what must be an incredibly stressful and wearing process.

Yep- it's the small moments that make life worthwhile! Another memory to treasure. Thanks for sharing- and making the tears fall for today! Donna

Oh Poppies, that's beautiful. What a precious moment and memory. I'm glad you shared. It's easy for us to get caught up in the difficulties, but it's moments like these that we need to focus on.

Poppies, I am so overcome with Joy and it brought tears. I am so very glad you got to share these precious moments with him. This will be a memory that you will always treasure. Hugs!

What a beautiful moment. Thank you for sharing. Kathleen

Thank you for sharing that beautiful moment. Those diamonds among the stones--they live forever.

Thank you for sharing this with us. Those moments we get are treasures. I had one myself not too long ago. I organised a group of people to get together to celebrate his 50th birthday. I was on pins and needles all week because he doesn't usually like a lot visitors and a group of 12 was pushing it. When I brought him into the room, he flashed his lopsided grin and I knew it was going to be a great afternoon. He even texted me later that day to say thank you and what a great surprise it was. Made my week.

Thanks for sharing such a beautiful and private time with us. I feel so fortunate to have found this forum. It's truly wonderful to be able to share the moments that this disease cannot take away. It can take a lot away from us but it can't take the soul nor the love inside of us. It cannot conquer and will lose that battle. Love stories will remind us that we can continue moments that will one day be precious memories. Thanks Donna for a very important reminder to us all.

I think it would be wonderful to start a thread on ...wonderful moments making wonderful memories.
Thankyou for sharing
Love and hugs Gem

Poppies... I really am speechless, which is new for me!
I have followed your story on this site and this particular chapter is one of my favourite moments!
I too am so very glad you shared.
Reading the story and the poignant replies has given me goosebumps!
God bless, Janelle x

Poppies,
I too was brought to tears. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful moment!

Sherry

That is wonderful. I'm so happy you got what you needed most ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back