Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
God this is a bad day. HR 150-160. O2 down as low as 40 then up to 90. BP 168/145. Eyes rolling around in his head. I called back hospice and said we want in and can you send a nurse today.

I am so sorry Barbie. Sending a hug to both of you

Barbie,
Sending you lots of love and strength. I hope hospice gets someone there ASAP. It was so much better having that person there or on call just to run things by.

Hugs my friend,
~Kaye

Huge hugs Barbie, did hospice come?

Sending you hugs and good thoughts dear lady.

sending love and good thoughts to you barbie and to your guy. chally

Hospice came right out and did the intake for my husband. the nurse practitioner should be here this evening. he has been sleeping all day--in bed until noon and now in his chair in the living room in front of the tv. his O2 is backup to 96, but his HR is hovering at 145 (which is better than the 160 he had earlier). I can see him struggling to breath now, and his voice is just a whisper. I gave him one of my anxiety pills which I think definitely helped bring down his heart rate and hospice is getting him his own script tomorrow.

in the last 2 days I have had very little sleep--Tuesday night he was up hourly all night, and then last night I had 3 hours of sleep but luckily 2 power naps today. I worry tonight will be rough also.

Ask the nurse practioner if a nurse can come. Let her know you have had no sleep. It is so important you rest so you can think clearly and make wise choices.

Oh Barbie... my heart aches for both of you. I'm sending wishes for a much better night...

Jim

I am so sorry Barbie. You know that I will lift you both up in prayer, and hope that you get the strength that you need during those power naps. We have had a very tough 4 days as well, but I am 60% sure that Tim is starting to recover.
Paulette

Barbie, superwoman- if ANYONE can survive without sleep, it's you! But hope you can catch up soon. ����Mr. Sandman, bring her some sleep������

first time ever he has been on the trilogy non stop. usually just at bed and naps. even when he went to the bathroom. and he cant talk at all

Hugs Barbie, I hope you both get some sleep. I would have thought they would get the ativan for you immediately so he could get through tonight more easily.

I'm so glad that you are now registered with hospice and have their support for this awful stage.

I am so sorry Barbie. My thoughts as well as everyone else's thoughts are with you. Let those thoughts give you the power and the strength to continue the amazing strength you have had for so long. I hope you can take time to get some rest.

Barbie, I'm glad hospice has shown up to help you. I wish I could comfort you--how aweful to see your sweetheart go through this. Praying for some sleep tonight.

Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back