Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
CA
State
ontario
City
London
I'm sorry to say that it seems things have taken a turn for the worse. Friday he started coughing and was short of breath, trying to clear his lungs. That went on almost all night. Saturday he was better but began coughing again about five and coughed until about 12:30. He slept almost all day Sunday. Sunday night he was very restless and agitated- I've never seen him like it.
Since then he's barely gotten out of bed. The nurse put in a pain pump last night and he seems more comfortable with it. Today he was only up for ten minutes but it was enough to get the coughing going again. Tried many times to suction but it's too deep to get much.
His nurse practioner was here today and feels that it's the beginning of the end.
I can't even begin to imagine life without his brilliant smile but for his sake I hope it's quick and peaceful.

I'm so sorry and I also hope for his sake it is peaceful and not too drawn out.
ALS SUCKS :(

...............:(

so sorry to hear. I hate so much when my husband has coughing fits like that. it does just wear him out so much. hang in there--we are with you.

I am so sorry and my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Sorry to hear, hoping he can get some small amounts of relief. Blessings to you both.

Sending you a cyber hug. Hang in there this ride is going to get bumpy.
Paulette

And more hugs from here. We'e here with you...

Sending you a hug, so sorry for the pain you are going thru.
Love Gem

So sorry to hear.. Couphing was also a symptom that my sister had at the end. The only way we could save her from the torment of trying to cough up something that was to deep and she has no ability to bring up, was to use mophine. It calmed her down and releaved the enxiety.

How are you both doing day by day?

Day by day,
I am hoping that you have help and family support. Sending you many hugs and wrapping you in peace and comfort.
~ Kaye

I'm crying with you......

Sherry

Very, very sorry for what you and your love are going through. I feel your pain.
- Charlene

We are all thinking of you and I'm holding your hand xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back