Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
Aus
State
Western Australia
City
Bridgetown
We picked up our new car yesterday, a Chrysler grand voyager that has side entry and up front passenger wheel chair access. Now we need to drive fro Bathurst which is in New South Wales in Australia to Bridgetown in Western Australia a drive of 4462 kms.
We left Bathurst at about 8.30 am and headed for the Mount Panorama race track to do a lap, we found our way to Cowra where we visited a 12.5 acre Japanese Garden it was very peaceful and relaxing, BJ used his Luggie travel scooter to get around while I tried to keep up, never know I might loss some weight with the faster walking, we then made our way to Younge where we had lunch at KFC, this is not a common event for us as we live in a small country town where the closest KFC is a hour and a quarter drive away, so KFC it was and it wasn't to bad as we opted for a burger, at least there was some salad with it. The country side was lovely with some beautiful green pasture and rolling hills, we arrived a Temora at about 1.30 pm and checked out where the aviation museum is and then booked into our motel. Had a nice cuppa and then we decided a Nanna nap was in order, we woke up at nearly 4.45 pm . We have decided to keep most of our driving days fairly short , today we drove 270 km, we will go to a ex-service mans club for dinner tonight, we have been warned that we might get -4 degrees tonight so we will rug up before we head off. We will try and work out how to upload photos from iPhone to share some sites.
Love Gem

Wonderful Gem!
Pacing yourself with the amount of driving each day and including lovely sightseeing is wise as you have a long way to go.

There will be so many things to see, and what a memory this whole trip will be. In some ways it was great the car was so far away as it has forced the holiday :)

It's great that you can still make memories. Enjoy your trip. Mojo

We love road trips, they are always such a great adventure! Glad you are out and enjoying the world!

Hugs,
Grace

Day 2...day started very cold and foggy, went to aviation museum with lots of old war birds, spent 2 hours there and we were spoilt with a personal guided tour by Ian, we finished there at noon and it was 6 degrees and still foggy.
We headed off and along the way saw a big sign saying Chocolate and Licorice factory and of course we had to call in, this lead to us staying there for lunch , I had the best ham cheese tomatoe and basil pesto Turkish roll and BJ had a tandoori chicken Turkish roll , and we bought some raspberry and normal Licorice as well as some dark chocolate with freeze dried strawberries. Back in the car for some more driving , there were quiet a few dead Roos from road kill and plenty of live ones out in the fields, we drove a total of 307 kms today and are staying near the NSW and VIC boarder. We had dinner at a local pub, had to wait a hour and twenty minutes for it to arrive but boy oh boy it was worth it, the best pub grub I think I've ever had....I had a Thai crispy beef and BJ had pork chops with mash and veg, the seasoning on the beef was amazing and it was served with Fried lime leaves,slices of garlic ,onion and noodles all seasoned and fried and served on a lettuce leaf.
Hoping for a good night sleep as we will drive another 300 kms tomorrow.
Lots of love Gem

Love reading your adventures. How is the new van handling?
Anna

avnl one guesses the new van is handling well since it didn't even get a mention lol

What a great second day Gem and such a pretty part of the country you are in just now.

Gem sooooo cold! Hope that yum food keeping you both warm!
Bridgetown pretty cold though? My Aunty used to live in Manjimup. Visited in winter...I have never been so cold in my life!
You take good care on those east coast roads...very different to here.
God bless, Janelle x

Day 3.... We got on the road about 9 am as we past thru Tocumwal we saw a big cod ( a fish) and had to stop to get a pic, we had a look at the Murray river which was very large and lovely surrounding scenery, the car is behaving very well, the electric side doors have been disconnected and are now manual closing and are very heavy to close so we will look into getting the wiring reconnected other wise my poor shoulders will suffer in time. We have had a engine light come on , on the dash so we will get that looked at tomorrow when a Chrysler repair centre will be opened. We stopped in Bendigo to have lunch at a lovely lake, we ate our rolls while the Muscovy ducks and swans tried to get us to share our lunch. There was a caravan there selling fresh jam donuts...yes we indulged, we continued on to Daylesford where we found a very cute miners cottage called Cobb and Co, we went exploring to the cemetery as BJs great great grandfather is buried there and he wants to get some pics if we can find it, we walked around for about an hour but no luck so we will go to the council tomorrow to find out where his grave is , he died in 1893. We then made our way to the Daylesford lake, BJ was tired after his walker walk so used his Luggie around part of the lake , some of the paths ended on some grass sections that lets say we're not very flat, yep he had a sideways tumble off his Luggie , he had a soft landing, no injuries, a couple near by saw him come off and came over to help me get up onto his feet agin and back onto his Luggie and back to the car. Daylesford is a historic and beautiful town full off many late 1800's style homes some timber and some stone.
So far we have travelled 877 kms... The weather has been fantastic we really couldn't have asked for anything better.
Off to bed now to get ready for another day on the road.
Love Gem

Sounds like a great road trip.

Awesome Gem. The cemetery trip sounds great, I love the family side of history.
Hope BJ is feeling well after his fall.
God bless, Janelle x

>Day 3.... We got on the road about 9 am as we past thru Tocumwal we saw a big cod ( a fish) and had to stop to get a pic

thanks for the update. need pics!

wonderful Gem, every day a new adventure, I'm grinning here :)

Oh I love all the memories you are making! and you are making Me hungry!

Ah Gem, thank you so much for sharing your adventures. Please don't stop! 4762km My Word! What an awesome experience for you both. I was in tears because it is just so beautiful that you are getting to do this. Please keep us updated and like Max said, pictures please! P.S. I was so ignorant, I didn't know Australia could ever get as cold as 6 degrees :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back