Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
I finally got back to the sewing machine. This morning I adapted my first pairs of shorts for hubby using the instructions from Diane's website, ALS from Both Sides. Thank you, Diane! I split the back of a pair of elastic waist knit shorts and used the other method on a pair of rip stop nylon. Both were VERY easy. My honey is taking a day in bed, so he hasn't tried them yet, but if he's happy I can go to town on pants he thought he'd never wear again. LOL...he's been giving away parts of his HUGE wardrobe to our boys, who can now both fit the lovely clothes he used to wear for work. I have hung on to a lot, in another closet, so I can phase them back in if he's interested. It doesn't make up for not being able to stand, but being able to see him in some of his BALS (before ALS) wardrobe in in place of the sweatpants he's been wearing is kind of exciting.

It's bittersweet. I avidly followed Heather's posts about altering clothes for Ron. As I worked on those shorts all I could think about was that Heather has lost Ron. She worked so hard to make him comfortable and he was gone so soon...

Good for you

On a separate note I am sorry to hear of Heather's loss. This does not seem to have been shared on the forum

Last edited:
>BALS (before ALS)

:)

Becky this is great, let us know how the shorts go. They would be so much easier to work with and look so much better I'm sure.

I don't think any of us knew about Ron, I did know that Heather hadn't been here for a while, and things were pretty tough then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back