08/2014
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Otonabee
Hi all..

Been thinking about you all here but have have no time to sit this week.
Hubby is holding his own. Not happily but I FINALLY realized that his happiness is not my responibility. If he wants to only look at the negative and be angry for his last days there is nothing I can do about that except keep loving him, keep smiling and keep finding my own positives in every day.
On top of that, I got a call on Monday evening that at my 13 year old son's first soccer game 10 minutes in, the ambulance was being called as he broke his leg.... SO hours in the hospital and huge ass cast and another patient later, we are hanging in. The positive is that even though he broke 2 bones, they are both clean brakes and he did not need surgery. He is getting around better on his crutches and I got to spend some real quality time with him this week.
So, despite all of the craziness this week, me head space is fairly good.
My niece is getting married in 4 weeks, I am in the wedding and the bridal shower is tomorrow, so I get to go out shopping for some pretty lingerie for her and maybe a new outfit to wear to the shower.
Loving you all for being here. Hoping that you are able to find positives in these crazy days.
sending hugs.
ox
Cheryl

Cheryl I'm so happy for you!
I seriously am so sick of that Frozen song 'let it go' (sorry if you are now humming it in your head!) but it's so true...we need to let go of everyone else's attitudes and concentrate on our own. Who knows what rubs off us? A great attitude from you could do wonders for your hubby.
All the best to your son for healing, the first game back will be toughest for you I think. My daughter bruised her sternum at taekwondo. When she first went back, 6 weeks later, I think my hair doubled in grey-ness!
All the best to you.
God bless, Janelle x

>So, despite all of the craziness this week, me head space is fairly good.

:)

Cheryl, you are a wise lady ! It is so true that the only attitudes we can control are our own! One of my hardest challenges during the ALS journey was being upbeat and positive constantly hoping to keep my husband's spirits up! It is wearing to have that happy, cheerful face when you'd like to cry. And we certainly all know that our PALS have every right to be down, discouraged and sick of living with ALS. But we all want their days to be good ones.
Hope yourson continues to heal quickly. Hugs to you.

Cheryl, yours IS a crazy life! Glad you'll be able to go to the shower and wedding. Love your attitude!

Sherry

You sound so much better today! I am glad you are getting it all together in your "crazy life"! your poor little boy! glad you will get out to do some fun girl things and keep smiling and taking care of your self

Oh Cheryl, just when you think it's all more than enough there's still more!

Hold on to that great attitude you have found!

cheryl, good on you girl! got to take care of you first! attitude of gratitude!:)

> got to take care of you first! attitude of gratitude!

Ditto that!

Cheryl, I'm so glad to "hear" you sounding better and upbeat. It is a crazy life, isn't it? Your attitude is as perfect as it can be! Enjoy the quality time with your son while he heals!
Becky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back