Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
Oregon
City
Bend
Hi friends - I just wanted to step out of the shadows and say hello. I am the wife & caregiver to Steve, who was diagnosed with ALS in February, 2011. He is now on hospice and has been given a two-month prognosis. This is my first venture into the forums - I don't know why I've avoided it, but I have. Today, I hit a wall emotionally and just needed to "talk" to people who were in the same boat as us. I read lots of threads and reminded myself that we are not the only people experiencing this crazy, wretched disease. Your comments, questions, concerns and stories gave me hope and made me feel less alone. Thank you for that. You didn't know you were helping a frustrated girl in Oregon, but you were. I'm sorry we're in the same club, but I'm thankful I'm not alone.

Dear Mrs. Steve , glad you stopped in to join our sad little group- because there is still laughter here, amazing spirit and understanding. The road ahead is not easy - but there will be so many good memories to keep you going. After six months of being without my dear hubby, I still feel such a part of this group. They kept me going during the hard times with encouragement and information, and shared pain. Stay with us and feel the support in the time ahead!

Hi and Welcome. Sorry you are Here but glad uyo found us. You will get so much help and support.

Hi Mrs. Steve, sorry to see you here.

My MIL had a nice house above Sisters, years back.

Mrs S, Larry loved Bend when he was there for a workshop. I'm so sorry to hear about your Steve. Prognoses can be wrong, but of course, the important thing is to keep him comfortable as long as he wants to be. We will help however we can.

--Laurie

Welcome MrsSteve, I'm so glad you have 'come out of the closet' and joined officially and started talking.

We indeed understand and can be with you through the next 2 months, or however long that turns out to be. I'm so sorry for the diagnosis, crappy club to join, but here we are anyway!

Thanks, everyone! You're very kind. Though I know you already give so much to the PALS you love, you still give to each other as well and that is brilliant. My husband had a really rough night and has developed some lung noises today that are a little ominous, but we are at peace knowing we've said all the words we needed to say and done the things we intended to do. Also? He's rebounded before, so I'm not going to count him out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back