Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Ok. Not to be an alarmist but I am out of town on business and just called the nurse to let her know I am on my way back and she said hubby has been in bed all day. Terrible coughing fit hasn't eaten and therest is blood in the sputum from coughing. No one let me know because I was our of town.. Oh brother. Will let u know more details tonight when I get home

Hope he is okay and it is just from coughing hard. Hugslllllllll.

that is what I thought too but it makes me so sad. I just wanted to talk to someone before my plane took off

Oh Barbie sending you a hug. A hard cough could cause it for sure. Also if he had some bloody postnasal drip safe travels

Barbie, how was he when you got home?

Wow Barbie, bet that plane couldn't fly fast enough!
You and your beloved are in my prayers.
God bless, Janelle x

Hanging to know how things were when you got home Barbie. Really hoping the blood is easily explained by having bit his tongue or some little throat capillaries or something simple.

I can't imagine how torturous the flight must have seemed!

Hope you both are okay and not at the hospital. Sending you hugs.

Thinking of you Barbie xx

Barbie hasn't logged on since yesterday at 9pm.

Barbie, I hope things are going ok....

Yeah, we are just a tad concerned Greg. I've left her a fb message as well

In the meantime just sending you loads of supportive thoughts Barbie

I love you guys. I was just so wiped out last night I didn't get on and then been so busy today at work...I got home and he seemed pretty good, was out of bed and said he felt better. apparently there was just a little blood and we all agreed it probably was just some broken capillaries frm the coughing. His nurse told me she was thnking about calling 911 it was so bad and he refused to let her. the Trilogy halped calm him down but he was so wiped out.

So according to him, I bought fried chicken the night before and they must have used black pepper in the batter. that is what set him off. I know he is sensitive to this, but he has eaten this chicken before...he did have some minor coughing the night before, but went to bed without incident. but why would he wake up the NEXT morning and have a day long coughing fit?! so he is mad at me for feeding him the chicken and says I should know better.

I told him this morning that I wanted to call the pulmonologist and make an appt. both the nurse and I agree that he should get some anti-anxiety meds for when this occurs because the stress makes everything worse. he is absolutely refusing. he will not discuss it. everything I bring it up, he says it is the pepper. but that is not the issue, the issue is when he has an attack he cant recover from it quickly or easily. I thought to myself when the nurse told me she wanted to call 911, "if they had come, what if the hospital had put a trache in him? I would not have been there to stop them" could that happen?

This morning he seemed weaker of course and worn out but in good spirits and no coughing or blood.

You guys are my besties by the way!

So relieved that it turned out not to be some huge issue physically.

Mentally and emotionally however it is huge. The anti anxiety would as you know well make a huge difference but you just can't force it so he holds the cards on keeping this a bigger issue than it could possibly be.

Bad girl feeding him that chicken! Oh dear, sorry but really I don't know how you keep contained when he does this to you. It's so obvious it's part of the ALS issues - the coughing is triggered by his throat issues, but yes some foods will aggravate it more than others. Stephen Hawking also has a big paranoia about different foods causing his choking issues. He would rail at Jane in similar fashion, and then someone would turn up with some take away he loved t

Besties indeed my princess warrior hero :)

Very glad to hear he is okay. Amazing how you can be bad when you arent even there.....you have amazing powers!:)

I don't know if I agree. It sounds like pneumonia to me. I would take his temperature if you haven't already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back