08/2014
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Otonabee
Hello my friends,
Well, I did it! I went on the cruise with my family and Hubby stayed home with his brother for 9 days.
It was an incredible get away from the monster. And much needed quality time with my 2 boys. I felt like me again for the first time in a really long time.
So glad I went. Hubby is appeciative of me now that I am home.
It is hard to get back into the reality of our life with ALS. Had lots of tears when I got back seeing the difference even in the 9 days that I was gone. :(
Have to get back into the one day (or minute ) at a time mode.
Missed you all and hope that the sun is shining in your part of the world.
Hugs,
Cheryl

I'm glad you got away with the boys and had a chance to breathe, laugh, eat food that someone else cooked, and enjoy life.

Thank God for the gift of Angels like your brother-in-law. You are blessed. I'm so happy for you. Taking time for yourself is paramount so this cruise was well-deserved. Good on ya.

Cheryl, I'm so glad that you went! Please hug your BIL for the rest of us! Coming back to see big changes in your husband--how difficult that must be. I hope the vacation helps carry you through this difficult transition back...

Absolutely beautiful. You and the kids got a break and some fun time, and your husband and his brother got to spend some time together that would not happened any other way. Everybody wins.
Vincent

In the immortal words of John "Hannibal" Smith - "I just love it when a plan comes together. Ha, ha, ha!"

Well done!

Jim

Cheering for you Cheryl! Your boys will never forget this cruise and having some 'normal' family time.

I remember when my Chris went away for 2 weeks when he was still mobile. When he stepped off that plane and I watched him walking towards the airport I was nearly in shock as even from the distance I could see changes in him.

I hope the refreshment of the time away lingers a bit for you and your family learn through your BIL the importance of actively helping and supporting.

I am so happy for your family! I know you needed that time away and I am sure your boys did too. as far as the decline--I think when you are away from it you forget how bad it all is so it is a bit shocking when you come home. I know that was how it happen for me. not really a decline, just a normal glossing over that I do on a day to day when you see the ravages of ALS everyday.

So happy for you! A great opportunity to take a deep breath and relax with your children.

>Well, I did it! I went on the cruise with my family

great fun! good for you ...

So very glad you got to go....I bet your kids loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back