Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
maryland
City
baltimore
My Husband has been experiencing most of his weakness and the jerking on his left side,has anyone else's Pals experienced this.

It is normal for the weakness to start on one side and then move on to the other side. My husband started with one ankle, then the leg, then the other side. His arms now have some involvement, but so far we don't see a huge differece between them.

>It is normal for the weakness to start on one side and then move on to the other side

same here -- upper left first then right, legs going equally

For those of us who are limb onset the second place to be affected is usually either the same side or the same level. Meaning if it starts in your right arm it will probably go to either right leg or left arm next. It is rare that it would go to left leg as the second limb if right arm onset. I am not certain which is slightly more common think it is same level a little more than same side but could not find the reference to check.

For me it started on the right and then spread to the left.

Steve

For my PALS it was one hand, then same arm, then opposite arm and hand while some foot drop. Now bulbar symptoms. Progressing rapidly I think.

Sherry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back