Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
I think it is time we start a new pity party going! I am having one today! LOL.

Super duper extremely pissed at my darling husband and all I can think about right now is walking out that door.

Today my husband fired my only office assistant. I run our business, and only had one person in the office with me. he decided she wasn't doing the job he felt she should on Friday and sent her a very angry email today and threatened her job. she walked out. We are having problems with our caregiver calling in sick with out warning too. So now, my work load at work has just doubled. I don't know how I can do it all. I am maxed out already and now this. I just don't understand how he can be so awful. he just got totally fixated on her performance and obsessed about it all weekend. I can't control him or stop him when it comes to this, he is totally wired in electronically and when an idea gets in his head he is unstoppable. I feel like he is starting a manic stage.

there is just no way I can do all this! I.am.just.so.done.right.now. :mad:

Oh my, I am so sorry. I can only imagine how incredibly frustrating this must be. I hate those days when you just feel like you can't stand any more.

I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine working and caring for my wife. Care taking is a full time job, at least for me. But I was fortunate and able to retire at 57 years old. As he drove your help off, assign him the responsibility to hire someone to replace your assistant, but tell him you have final approval of the hire. Give him a deadline and push him daily. If he can fire then he can hire. If he wishes to be active in the business then he can do this. Just an opinion, take it for what it's worth.

I've been thinking lately that our old pity party thread was one of the most valuable when we didn't need a thread for one particular topic, so good on you Barbie for starting one up again.

You are in a double bind here now, no office assistant AND an unreliable carer, holy sh it batman!

Can you get the job advertised quickly? I know that here it's awful as mostly jobs like this will attract literally hundreds of applicants, though maybe your DH could have the task of shortlisting the applications so that you can just interview a few you choose from that list?

If I lived closer I would take the job as I'm not getting enough of my own work just now. Unless you can have a virtual assistant from Australia hehehe

The carer I know you only just recently hired and I'm sure you don't feel the least like going through that one again.

Rant on, you deserve a huge pity party with big drinks Barbie!

That old pity party thread was what hooked me on this forum. What a journey it is reading it. I smiled, laughed, cried, ran away and ran back. Thank you, Barbie, for starting another.

I can't even imagine your situation--your workload is more than doubled since you were carrying one third of it already. It's really tripled. Can he at least advertise and sort through the initial applicants? I applaud your restraint in not pulling the plug on his internet access (at least yet :twisted:). The internet is such a blessing for people with limited mobility, but there is a scary side when bad behavior errupts.

A virtual assistant--Tilllie, that's a great idea. You two would be unstoppable, AND Barbie would have the added benefit of an assistant who would understand and be able to deal with the king of the castle!

Loving Nuts idea!

Nuts I believe I would have to put definite limits on my duties as Barbies virtual assistant - no kings!

Barbie you keep this party swinging by updating us, I for one am waiting anxiously to know how this works out for you all jokes aside!

Nuts I know what you mean, newbies to this forum could give themselves a couple of hours, pour a stiff drink and sit down for one helluva ride and read that old thread.

Barbie, can't you accidentally trip over one of his electronic wires and (oops) disconnect him? Just kidding, but this would really make me mad too. The idea of having to train not just one, but potentially two (a new caregiver?) new people just makes me tired. I guess it must be his way of controlling SOMETHING in his life, but does it have to be THIS?!

>Thank you, Barbie, for starting another.

Ditto that!

how long had your assistant been with you?

so today was my first loooong day alone. at least all the other employees feel sorry for me! they all steered clear of my office and didn't dump any problems on me--I am sure that will not last LOL. Tillie, I would so hire you in a minute! unfortunately, I kinda have to have someone here...but maybe you could move here! nah, I don't think you would give up your Koalas for our gators. at least I think FL would remind you of home weather wise.

This is definitely going to suck. I left him in bed this morning and took off to work as he had asked the carer to come in early. of course he forgot to tell her that was the new schedule. I let her know on the phone as I drove. so this morning I was up and all dressed and ate my breakfast and had coffee all alone and then told him I was leaving. he wanted me to get him up and I told him no way you can stay in bed until the nurse gets here because I don't have time to deal with your crap. what a B*** I am! I decided last night that I am going to look for another carer for a couple evenings and a overnighter each week. I cant function on little sleep and all work. I have a long to do list that I did not get thru today but at least quite a bit got checked off and I got to work with several customers today which I haven't done in a while and that is fun. (when they buy something of course)

I havent' even spoken to hubby since yesterday other than the most basic of all things. I am so so angry at him. he is the only one who looks at me and doesn't see the amount on my shoulders. I will be ok, I have to be. running a help wanted ad, and looking forward to hiring and training someone new (NOT). still ain't gonna talk to him tonight either. I am good at holding a grudge...

still ain't gonna talk to him tonight either. I am good at holding a grudge...

I don't blame you Barbie, sounds like he is making things so much worse. Maybe if he lays in bed long enough he will think of someone other than himself. Sorry, I have a hard time with unappreciation... is that a word?

Janie

Steve is showing a very obstinate side lately too...and argumentative. When I feel like I am going to crack, he tells me I should be nicer to him. Is there something in the water here Barbie?

But Barbie, because I'm something like 17 hours ahead of you in Australia, imagine what it would be like having everything done for you that far in advance <rolling about laughing>

Hang on, I wouldn't have to work through the night to be in your time zone would I?

Can't I just bring the koalas into a virtual office, pretty please?

Seriously again, you have been doing this for 7 years, and I constantly marvel how you cope as you raised teenagers during that time and didn't even kill a single one.

I am sure you will come back to talking to him again, but when you do it would seem some new boundary setting needs to happen. You know that you have rights and that you need to survive this too, whether he wants to see this or not.

You are one helluva warrior princess (I still miss our signatures, just one little admin tick box would fix, but that's another pity party ;) )

Can I join in....I have been waiting 8 weeks for a builder to get back to me regarding a. Quote for building a wheel chair friendly house, getting to the point of thinking we won't have time to make it happen before hubby is in a chair, our bathroom barly fits the two of us in there with out a chair or hoist, getting very frustrated. Think we may end up adding a new bedroom and bathroom onto our house. I hate it when these things are out of our control.
Love Gem
L

you have been doing this for 7 years, and I constantly marvel how you cope as you raised teenagers during that time and didn't even kill a single one.

ROFL, Tillie. But seriously, Barbie, you should get some kind of award for that!

Agreeing with the others here, he owes you a culled list of the top applicants for both positions. I'm just so sorry you have to deal with that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back