Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Seems to me This month is just such a downer--and so many people are feeling the effects. Glad it is a short month at least!

I know I am feeling more sad than normal. and overwhelmed. and pissed off.

so hugs all around to everyone. Let's all be extra nice to each and ourselves of course! :)

I hear you! I'm walking around the house saying, "be kind, be kind, be kind. Be patient, be patient, be patient. We'll get through this, everything's ok." I say it to different tunes and rhythms to make it more interesting but then it makes me feel like maybe I'm just a little batty. Oh we'll

Last February mmmm let me see:

I had the broken toe.

My brother had the carotid artery aneurysm pressing on his optic nerve requiring surgery, so we were up and down to a hospital 2 hours away. After surgery he came to live here so I had one neurological person who could not see, was extremely osteoporitic, but could walk about and began to have serious issues settling in. And my husband with ALS who could barely talk and we used communication charts, he only had use of 1 finger, a little and was just managing standing transfers. He had the first chest infection from aspiration that was the beginning of the end for him.

You know, this February isn't as bad as it had seemed now that I reflect this way.

I am still struggling to work out how I can afford to continue this mortgage long term, but I go out and photograph those koalas each day and I don't cry every day now. I miss him like hell, but I think of the suffering last February and I'm glad he isn't suffering this now.

Sure glad it's a short month Barbie!
LoveMyKids I kind of chanted mantras to myself like that. Fake it til you make it girl!

Not feeling as afraid this February. Maybe its naivete but at least we know what we are dealing with, have found resources, and have mostly adjusted to our new normal. Not that I like any of it.....I would much rather have a healthy family.

Seems to me This month is just such a downer--and so many people are feeling the effects. Maybe that's why I feel this way too... Glad it is a short month at least!

I know I am feeling more sad than normal. (YEP!) and overwhelmed. (YEP!) and pissed off. (Ditto!)

so hugs all around to everyone. Let's all be extra nice to each and ourselves of course! :)

Huggs right back atcha, Barbie! Hope you feel better today?

xoxoxo

~ Heather ~

I hear you! I'm walking around the house saying, "be kind, be kind, be kind. Be patient, be patient, be patient. We'll get through this, everything's ok." I say it to different tunes and rhythms to make it more interesting but then it makes me feel like maybe I'm just a little batty. Oh we'll

I think this disease makes all of us feel a little batty at times (maybe most times?). Sheesh!

It's OK to feel 'batty' ... keeps us sane :wink:

Hope you have a happy day!

Love, Heather xoxoxo

Last February mmmm let me see:

I had the broken toe.

My brother had the carotid artery aneurysm pressing on his optic nerve requiring surgery, so we were up and down to a hospital 2 hours away. After surgery he came to live here so I had one neurological person who could not see, was extremely osteoporitic, but could walk about and began to have serious issues settling in. And my husband with ALS who could barely talk and we used communication charts, he only had use of 1 finger, a little and was just managing standing transfers. He had the first chest infection from aspiration that was the beginning of the end for him.

You know, this February isn't as bad as it had seemed now that I reflect this way.

I am still struggling to work out how I can afford to continue this mortgage long term, but I go out and photograph those koalas each day and I don't cry every day now. I miss him like hell, but I think of the suffering last February and I'm glad he isn't suffering this now.

Sure glad it's a short month Barbie!
LoveMyKids I kind of chanted mantras to myself like that. Fake it til you make it girl!

Tillie

Oh Tillie! What a February it was for you girlfriend! xoxoxo

Not feeling as afraid this February. Maybe its naivete but at least we know what we are dealing with, have found resources, and have mostly adjusted to our new normal. Not that I like any of it.....I would much rather have a healthy family.

"Our new normal" - yes, trouble is our new normal keeps changing weekly - WAAAAAA! :cry:

So many difficult things you have all experienced in February. My fingers are crossed for a better month this year...

It doesn't help here that February is so often the coldest month of the year. Spring is right around the corner, but it's not here and we've been into winter for a while now. I just want to sleep all month. When the sun sets, my eyes want to close, and they don't like waking until just before sunrise (I love sunrise). I think I may try some daylight bulbs in the lamps. It's pretty bad when I want to sleep more than my sweet PALS.

My FIRST February thing was getting valentines- stood there in the card store with tears rolling down my face! Actually considered buying one for him and sending it with a "heaven" address. Getting cards for the kids and grandkids just wasn't enough. I keep reciting Tillie's mantra- Fake it till you make it. Fake it till you make it! But if one more person says" you are doing so well. You are always happy and smiling". I may have to punch them!
Now back to smiling, and faking it!

Good to know that we are all in good company!

Attachments

• birds of a feather.jpg
    birds of a feather.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 279
I suffer from depression anyway. But, it's worse in the winter with less sunshine. I can't wait until spring. I saw a old post card laying around the other day that I had sent to my dad 14 years ago when we my husband and I took a trip to Hawaii in February. Wish I were there now. How many of you would like to escape with me? Hugs to all, Kim

Valentines day did not even get acknowledged here last year :(
I had broken my toe the night before, and well I won't bring it all back just now.

This Valentines day I have the folk I work with at the koala centre coming back here after their shift and we all have to supply a plate that is either something red, chocolate or heart shaped or all 3 even :)

After a little feed and a drink we will go koala spotting.

I'm hoping that helps me get through the day!

Hey, Tillie, chocolate solves just about anything! (At least for a little while!)

Hey, Tillie, chocolate solves just about anything! (At least for a little while!)

Indeed it does, and if it doesn't solve it, it is still worth trying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back