Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
virginia
City
Virginia
I remember seeing a post a while back that listed things I will need to do after my wife is gone....changing name on bank accounts, etc. I can't seem to find it now. Any help?

The other post can be found under current CALS - The journey has ended- now what?
Hope you find it helpful- very therapeutic for me to compile it during my hardest weeks of grieving, trying to know what I needed to take care of. Donna

We have decided to take her off the vent. She is unable to communicate and the pressure wound is not healing. We have hospice coming in about 2 weeks.

I know that you have given this a huge amount of thought as it was months ago that you joined here and you were talking about the decision.

I know that I would never want to be kept alive in that state. I see it as that too - being kept alive, not being allowed to let my body do what it should.

I'm so sorry that you have had to make this decision.

WMS, know this is the hardest decision you've ever had to make. Just know you are releasing her to freedom from the bonds of this insidious disease. My prayers are with you as you await the end- or maybe it's the beginning of something better for her. Hugs to you all. Donna

We have decided to take her off the vent. She is unable to communicate and the pressure wound is not healing. We have hospice coming in about 2 weeks.

:( were with you even after ........... hugs to all

Our thoughts are with you and your family as you enter this next part of your journey. It's been a difficult road to this decision--wishing you peace with it. I know I would want my loved ones to allow me to fly free at this point. Wish we could do more than just tell you we care, but know that we do.

I am so sorry. But know that you are setting her free. It is an act of courage and love. I would want the same if I were in her place.

Thanks everyone. Insanely tough decision. The day will be feb 25th. Strange. It's like scheduling an "appointment" of some sort. I think it still hasn't hit me that this is really happening. Feel horrible for my 3 daughters. Just isn't fair. But if anyone understands, you all do. Thanks again.

>Wish we could do more than just tell you we care, but know that we do.

Ditto that!

I am so sorry, but you are giving her a gift. I pray that I'm not forced to make that decision, but we have agreed that if he's unable to communicate I will do the same. Much love to you and your children. We are here for you.

You are doing the right thing. But, don't forget we are here for you. Please keep talking to us. Your entire family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sending a great big hug, Kim

I am so very sorry for you, such a tuff journey we are travelling. Love and hugs to you and your Daughters.
Love Gem

With my sister we lit her favorite candles, had her favorite flowers etc. ,played her favorite music. We tried to make it a celebration of the things she loved. It gave us comfort and we hoped it helped her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back