Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Otonabee
Hey friends,
I am feeling discouraged today.
Feeling like this disease is too much for me to deal with.
That I am not strong enough.
Hubby has been actually really good this week, happier and able to feed himself.... funny how when he needs me to be really strong, I can be but then when he is a bit better, I feel like I can't. so weird.
I HATE ALS.
so much.
Cheryl :evil:

Cheryl, I think it makes perfect sense.

When we have to really rally for our PALS it takes a LOT of energy. Then things settle a bit and it's time to pay the price. This is the time to try and get some rest, whether that is extra sleep or doing relaxing things you enjoy just a bit.

I felt like I totally bumbled along the whole time I cared for Chris. I can give advice now and seem to knowledgable, but believe me as a CALS I was scared, in a brain fog, running to keep up and a hundred other overwhelming things.

My family here was a true lifeline for me. I often felt like I couldn't do this, but somehow after my little pity parties and my little fall apart sessions I would get up and keep going. I believe you will too, you just need some understanding from us and a little recharge. I believe in you!

Oh Tillie,
How I love you...it is so nice to be understood.
I do feel like I am in a fog, can't think, forget everything, feel like I am doing everything wrong...everything is overwhelming today.
We were up alot in the night, so I am being tired is not helping...
I did break out the sewing machine today and started a project.. kept my mind busy for a bit.
My brother came to visit, so that was helpful too.
Thanks so much for being here for all of us now, Tillie. You really are a treasure.
ox
Cheryl

This one is for you and all CALS, and I'm still in this place!

Attachments

• cals.jpg
    cals.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 492
Cheryl, perhaps when he is strong you can take the opportunity to fall apart a bit? You had such a terrible week last week that I'm not surprised. It had to be very emotionally draining, and then when you think you're losing him, he turns around. THis is wonderful, but it's yet another level of being jerked around by this disease. We should all have neck braces for the whiplash. I wish there was something I could say to help...

Argh..moderation again. I'm getting good at this....

Tillie, perfect cartoon! Cheryl, love you girl. You are doing the impossible, and you are amazing.

Nuts....
thank you.
hugs and thanks
Cheryl

Feel free to fall apart anytime you want! You WILL pull it together when you need to! That's what CALS do daily.

Feel free to fall apart anytime you want! You WILL pull it together when you need to! That's what CALS do daily.

We just don't always feel that we have it all together. Fake it til you make it!

How r u feeling to day? Quite the roller lasted eh?

Aargh... life with ALS, what can you say......
Up and down ... dark and light...... sad and ok...... mad and kind of in control.....

Hope today was a better day for you. Sounds like you two are double-teaming this thing effectively enough! You've been able to hang in there when you've had to, then when hubby was more able, you could step back some. Teamwork!

Wishing you confidence in your own strength. (It's already there, as you've demonstrated!)

But be sure to check in and let us know how you're doing, ask questions and vent. Being able to do that here has helped me help my PALS more than anything.

Hi Cheryl and everyone who responded :) I can so relate to all of your posts. It truly is a rollercoaster ride. Cheryl, you raised an interesting point which had me reflecting on our situation. When things get really tough and there are urgent situations to handle I find it is amazing where the energy comes from. It is often in the quiet, uneventful times that energy drops and with more time to think I am left feeling overwhelmed and drained. Isn't it wonderful though that this forum allows us contact with others who understand exactly what we are going through. Sending you hugs and strength :) Keep in touch.

>We just don't always feel that we have it all together. Fake it til you make it!

Ditto that!

Holding on for the ride is sometimes all you can do. I try to remind myself of this. I have also learned that I need a break, once a week for 8 uninterrupted hours. I do hope things are better today.
Hugs
~ Kaye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back