Old 01-15-2015, 07:04 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Southern
State: WV
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
GilWest is on a very distinguished roadGilWest is on a very distinguished road
Default Crying

Mom cries all the time now. I do not see how it could be pain, because she is on enough pain meds to sink a ship. It is doubly worse because she cannot really communicate what is wrong. She will nod that there is pain, but then in a few, she will shake her head when we ask about pain...or she can act like she is just rife with pain then be asleep in the next minute. Anyone else dealing or dealt with crying like this?
Old 01-15-2015, 07:39 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Mount Pleasant
State: SC
Diagnosed: 03/2014
djbailey has disabled reputation

City: Mount Pleasant
State: SC
Diagnosed: 03/2014
djbailey has disabled reputation
Default Re: Crying

Uncontrolled crying and laughing are known symptoms of some PALS. They do not have to be in pain or anything wrong other than how ALS is affecting them.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:45 PM #3 (permalink)

City: kanas
State: kanas
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
davbo49 is on a distinguished road
City: kanas
State: kanas
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
davbo49 is on a distinguished road

you tell your mom. im crying with her.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:49 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

Santa Joe was like that.

Being bedridden, on a vent, pressure sores and no communication. I am sure I would cry too. This disease is way too cruel.

hugs to you Gil, it must be heartbreaking to watch daily.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:02 PM #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by affected View Post
Santa Joe was like that.

Being bedridden, on a vent, pressure sores and no communication. I am sure I would cry too. This disease is way too cruel.

hugs to you Gil, it must be heartbreaking to watch daily.

Tillie
Glad To know it is not just me. I thought I was doing something wrong. If you do not mind me asking, did he cry for hours at a time? Then sort of snap out of it, have a moment of clarity, then just start again?
Old 01-15-2015, 09:06 PM #6 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: orlando
State: FL
Diagnosed: 01/2007
Barbie is a jewel in the roughBarbie is a jewel in the roughBarbie is a jewel in the rough
Extremely Helpful Member
City: orlando
State: FL
Diagnosed: 01/2007
Barbie is a jewel in the roughBarbie is a jewel in the roughBarbie is a jewel in the rough

I bet her pain is emotional which is why the inability to communicate with you is so much worse. All I can suggest is just hold her hand and tell her you love her. so sorry for both of your pain.

Barbie
Old 01-16-2015, 12:02 AM #7 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Reno
State: NV
Diagnosed: 09/2009
sadiemae is on a very distinguished road
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Reno
State: NV
Diagnosed: 09/2009
sadiemae is on a very distinguished road

Meds for thi(PBP) are Nudexta, if you can afford it, or Amytriptilyn(Elavil)which is used off label to help control it. Elavil also helps with drooling, is a mild pain reliever and antidepressant, and sleep aid
Old 01-16-2015, 12:19 AM #8 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Gil, Santa Joe was Debbies husband, she wrote a lot about his last months in the old pity party thread. So I can't tell you a lot of detail except I remember her saying how he began to just cry more and more often and for longer ...

Lori, Gil's mum is bedridden, with pressure ulcers, on a vent and only communicating by blinking. I don't believe this is EL starting at this far stage.

I am quite sure it isn't you Gil, it is this monster ALS taking the last of your mum that it can. So cruel, just so bl**dy cruel
Closed Thread

Tags
crying, meds, pain, wrong