Diagnosis
5/2011
Country
US
State
ct
City
danbury
Greetings All.. Brand New To The Forum... My Wife was Diagnosed with early onset Bulbar in 2013.. Recently had Peg Done and that was a great move for Her.. She lost speech about 8 months ago and That has been Tuff on our 2 Teenagers and my Wife and Myself.. Looking Forward to Just staying on The sidelines for Now and getting a feel for the Forum... It was Time for Me To reach out just a bit for my own sanity and see how others deal with such a situation.. Thank you all in Advance..

Welcome,
There are some type to speech apps available for iPads and other smart devices so she can still communicate. Do a subject search here and you'll find lots of good info

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry that you find yourself here. I know it is a tough time.

I hope that you will find lots of helpful info here on the forum. I have been helped so much by the forum and all the caring people here. It has definitely helped me hold on to my sanity.

So sorry to welcome you here to the club no one wants to join, we don't want new members, but at the same time it is the best place to be.

We will do our best to support you, and you will find with time that you will be a great support to others as well as receiving support.

Can I suggest you put the diagnosis month and year in your profile (User CP link in the blue bar above). I have a shocking memory, especially so once I became a CALS and find the bit of information that gives really helps when I'm reading and replying to posts.

Take you time 'getting in the water' here, but don't hold back if you need to ask anything.

Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel.

I am bulbar onset also, and my speech is getting more incomprehensible all the time. You're in good company.

Staying strong- this forum will help you maintain your sanity during these difficult months. We all know what you are going through so you are not alone. Donna

Greetings, SS!

Feel free to take some time to catch up on posts. You'll find the CALS section a good place to begin... but will likely follow new posts as happen as time goes on. Feel free to ask questions and comment... as this will help your post count and will eventually allow you access to Private Messaging. As you will find, we're a pretty open group. Helping you also helps us. I look forward to getting to know you better...

Jim

>my speech is getting more incomprehensible all the time

how do you suppose we could have an 'incomprhensivivity' challenge?

Wwe are in good company! :)

Thank you All for The Warm Greetings... It Will be Nice to Feel like I'm not Alone.. Good evening To all

Exactly... you are NOT alone... :)

Jim

My speech is gone too, it is frustrating,prayers for you and your family.

Janie

Welcome. My husband was first diagnosed with bulbar onset in 2013 as well, although there were questions until it was confirmed early this month. This forum has been our best resource. I hope you'll check in often and find it as helpful. This journey needs traveling partners!

Lurk if you like, but don't feel like you need to. This is absolutely the best place for those of us dealing with this unimaginable monster. We will either keep you sane or go crazy with you! Welcome.

I am so glad you are here as it will help you do just as your screen name says and stay strong. Feel free to sit back and read posts there is an abundance of great information here. Please post and ask any questions you need help with and most of all know we are all in the same boat here and understand all to well the heartbreak, frustration, and hard times brought about by this horrible disease and are here for each other. Prayers are with you and hope to hear more from you in the future.

Bryan

Welcome,you will learn allot on this forum and this is the place to be if you need questions answered or sometimes just to laugh or vent. I know I check this forum every single day and wish my PALS would join also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back