Old 01-23-2015, 09:34 PM #46 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Default Re: Wake up call and hard choices

Thank you Tillie--that all makes perfect sense. I assumed that he'd use the same unit for sip and puff, but the RT recommended a second one ,so we are waiting to hear back from the insurance companies. He's being very receptive to this, thank goodness, and I'm delighted with how proactive the folks at our clinic are being.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:09 AM #47 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Pit of hot
State: FL
gooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to beholdgooseberry is a splendid one to behold

Our insurance company did not approve the sip and puff until Steve had to use a wheelchair regularly. Of course, they wouldn't approve a wheelchair because he could walk just not breathe when he did it.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:00 PM #48 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

The lack of consistency between insurance companys confounds me--as does the complete lack of logic that some of them display. Matt is in a chair most of the time now. Part of the justification for the sip and puff is his two hour drive each way to the office twice a week. I think he's nuts...oops..that's me
Closed Thread

Tags
age, als, arm, assisted living, back, bed, chair, fell, hip, immediately, life, medical, muscle, muscle pain, night, nursing home, pain, sleep, stress, surgery, van, vent, walker, wanted, weakness