Diagnosis
05/2014
Country
US
State
OR
City
Rogue River
Mother Daughter relationships are so unique. I have come to realize that I am surrounded by men who have no idea about the mother daughter relationship. My mom is in the beginning stages so for now she is holding her own and doesn't need full time care. I will be her primary caregiver when that time comes. I work and live about an hour away so I have been going there a couple times a week just to spend time with her. She tells me not to waste my vacation or spend time away from my husband, etc. She doesn't need me yet, but I am trying to get her to realize that now is the time I need her, while she can still do things and talk to me. She is the one who has always been there for me. She is the one I always talk to when I have a problem, but I can't always talk to her about this. I don't want her to worry about me.

Oh Casabados, she will worry about you no matter what! That is in her job description. It truly shouldn't make her worry more if you are honest with her. It will be an affirmation that she has done a great job and raised a loving daughter. What a gift to give her! Good luck to you both! It's a tough road but many good things happen along the way. The closeness you have is one of them. Hugs. Donna

What a wonderful daughter you are. My pals would say the same thing when first diagnosed. I felt the same way as you do. I wanted to be with him - talk, laugh and cry together. As the disease progresses, I was glad that I did. You will face many difficult days and I wish you strength and courage. We are here for you.

Debbie

good to see you Debbie!

good to see you Debbie!
Me too!

csabados you are a good daughter, my mom comes to see me almost every day, she is a bit of a micro manager, argues with my son who is my caregiver, she can really be hateful. I love her and deal with it but it is not so easy for my son. Times like this I'm glad I can't talk.

Welcome,
Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back