Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Cottonwood
I don't cry, I've said I'll cry later, but my PALs does something so tender I tear up every time.

He can barely use his hands or arms and is progress rapidly we think. But he knows I love foot rubs and sometimes when he goes by me he will use his poor hands and rub my feet a little!

Incredible man I married two years ago. I can't post this anywhere else but I had to share it here.

Sherry😪

That is amazing. Thanks for helping us all smile.

Sherry - think you just told us a love story! Couldn't help but think you are a lucky girl to have had two beautiful years with a man who obviously adores you. That's more than some have in a lifetime. Thank you for sharing and continue to treasure the days ahead. You must feel very loved! Hugs to you and this great man. Donna

that's beautiful Sherry, thanks for sharing

Sherry, that is so sweet! cherish these memories...

big hug

>That is amazing. Thanks for helping us all smile.

Ditto that!

A good man is a good man, illness regardless. Some of Haydens last words were thank you and I'm sorry, over and over : ')

I remember when Joe could ring the bell and I had finally fell asleep only to hear the bell ringing. He wanted a hug and a kiss. I will always cherish that moment. Missing him everyday.

Debbie

Your post made me get teary-eyed and smile too. That is so beautiful to hear of that kind of love. God's blessings to you both.

Your post made me cry. I haven't been on the site for awhile but I had to tell you thank you for sharing that. I can relate so well to your words.
I'm my husbands caregiver and I've been really sick this week. He wants so badly to take care of me, too. While I was curled up on the couch, he came up and tucked his feet under me. It's not the same as someone holding you and rubbing your head but, his love and sweetness was there. I'm sad but grateful for the small things.

This illness is truly a trial by fire, but one thing it does is distill into its purest essence the love and devotion and compassion we have for our PALS and CALS. And it reminds us, too, we have a finite opportunity to express all of that. Thank you for sharing that very precious moment with us. Among all the other sucky ones that have or will come, we have these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back