Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
SC
City
Sumter
This is off the subject of ALS but you folks are so comforting. Well I hate to say things were improving because we all know with this disease that just doesn't happen, but with new benefits approved for dad things are looking up from a help and care side. So that was kind of a bright spot if you can call it that. Then mom (the other half of my caregiving tag team) had a fall while on much needed vacation with friends. She had a pretty bad bruise on her face but is doing okay. She went for an already scheduled doctors appoinment and he insisted she have a CT scan of her head. It showed that she was fine from her fall and the bruising would slowly go away. However, it also showed what they feared to be a brain aneursym. She has been to for an MRI and sure enough there is one. She goes tomorrow to have an MRA done so they can get a more detailed look at it and determine if they are going to need to work on it. We are hoping that they will find that it isn't a problem, but if they decide they are going to have to work on it I guess I will have to look into respite care for dad until I can get her back home and settled because she would have to go out of town for that kind of proceedure. I guess I am just looking for prayers to get through this and stay strong for them both. Thanks in advance for your prayers and support!

Man, that's rough. Sorry to hear it. Good luck with all you have going on.

When your plate is full and overflowing, and you think you can't handle anymore, somehow you do! Hang in there. Sorry things are so tough now. Hugs are sent your way!

Thanks ya'll! Faith will get us through!

Thoughts are with you

Thinking of you. Prayers coming your way!

Debbie

My gosh when it rains it pours. I hope it works out for ur Pour mom

Thinking about you, Snowman!

Jim

Snowman, it does seem that life sometimes saves all the punches and delivers them at once. The good news is that because of the fall the aneurysm was discovered in time to deal with it. Hoping for the best for you in this latest challenge.

That is a lot to deal with at once!

Earlier this year my brother had sudden vision loss and was diagnosed with a giant carotid artery aneurism pressing on his optic nerve and pituitary gland.

They coiled and stented it and he has recovered, tho not his sight.

You need to find all the help you can get. I tried to bring my brother here and care for him as well as Chris and it was a nightmare and I had to put my brother into a respite bed.

Long saga with him, but after trying several things for long term plans for him in July this year I had to place him in a nursing home and he is happy as a pig in mud now that he has settled there.

But trying to care for 2 is something you can't do on your own, find out all the ways you can get help or you will be burning that proverbial candle at both ends and we know that burns down very fast!

That is tough Snowman. I hope your mom gets well soon. Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back