Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
SC
City
Sumter
After learning about the VA benefits available for veterans with ALS on here I was told to contact my local PVA office. I did so maybe a week week and half ago and the representative was very friendly and gave me all the form numbers we needed to complete and walked me through where to find them. I gathered all of the forms and we got them filled out and met with the PVA rep today. He was going straight upstairs to have them time stamped and fast tracked through and said dad may start recieving benefits as early as next month. They are also suppose to set us up with the ALS clinic in Charleston as well as a transport to and from. THANKS SO MUCH for the info it has the potential to make a huge difference for dad!

Our pleasure! :)

SNOWMAN, there's more where that came from. We've learned from our experiences. Don't be shy to ask.

Oh there is all kinds of good information here. Everyone is always so helpful and offers great advice. I am so thankful for a place like this to turn to for answers, help, or just support when I feel weary.

Snowman, the rep at the pva helping us apply has been wonderful. He has told us about all sorts of benefits I didnt know existed. Lots of great things for PALS like clothing allowance if using a wheelchair, help getting to appointments, respite care, grants for remodel projects to accomodate changing needs. And, great programs for children of pals...education and health benefits in particular. So much....

Yes he told us about so many wonderful benefits. He was very helpful.

That is fantastic news snowman. I just love this place :)

Tilile

Snowman, my pals went the the MUSC charleston clinic. We were very pleased. Also our local ALS provided $500 respite care allowance. Didn't find this out until 3 months before my pals passed away. Just a little FYI.

Debbie's

Oh, thanks for the info. The gentleman yesterday told us they were pretty good down there. It is about a 2 hr drive for us so we will probably travel back home. They said they would arrange for dad to be transported.

We may definitely benefit from a little extra help. It isdefinitely starting to wear on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back