Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
SC
City
Sumter
Dads doctor has been great to work with through all of the difficulities of als. He has challenged one of his partners and both of them will be doing the als ice bucket challenge next Tuesday in the parking lot of there office at noon and posted a short video about it on facebook. They have invited all to come out and watch. Dad never leaves the confines of the house anymore, but I think I am going to try and convince him to go up and watch. As wonderful as his doctor has been I think he deserves his support for the short time it will take to do it.

Would be wonderful for both of them! Hayden was well known in our town, worked in the bar industry for many years. Entire bars full of staff and patrons doing it in his honor this past week. Wish he could have seen it : '(

that is brilliant, how wonderful he is doing this!

I hope you can get your dad there, what a lift for his spirits to see this happening

I wasn't able to get dad up there because his weakness has moved to a whole new level as well as his breathing. We decided it wasn'y a good idea. I did however go up and watch it in support.

I'm glad you got to and watch for him. Did you take your own pictures or video to show him when you got back?

Absolutely, I videoed it on my phone and showed him and he had the biggest smile. His doctor said he did it in his honor but couldn't call his name because of HIPPA laws. I have also showed him my brother-in-laws, my nephews, and my own. It was good to see those smiles because he is starting to rapidly decline and there haven't been many smiles.

that's so great and you are right, they don't smile much towards the later stages and every one you can give them is totally precious

I worked at an OB/GYN office before Joe was diagnosed. Everyone in the office, including doctors, did the ice bucket challenge in Santa Joes memory with a donation of $50 per person. It brought tears and warmed my heart. So many family members,friends and strangers have done this in memory of him.

Debbie

it is all so bitter sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back