Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
This weekend I was looking for something in my file cabinet, when I came across my husband's medical file from 2007. I opened it up and the first page was the original diagnosis letter from the first neuro based on his exam and EMG.

Wow! I read it over, and started to hyperventilate a little as all those horrible, painful memories and feelings came pouring back. It was quite shocking to read it over, especially in light of what he was like at that point and what he is like now. You know, overall I have come to terms with everything and feel at peace with it...but that little 4 page document really brought so much pain back. :cry:

>but that little 4 page document really brought so much pain back.

feeling your pain ... the beginning of the end :-(

isn't it odd how things can trip us and make us stumble

>Isn't it odd how things can trip us and make us stumble

Different context, but just about anything does this to me!

wow Barbie I can only imagine how that felt to suddenly open up that document ... hugs

:'( I am tidying up Haydens stuff this week and wondering where to put stuff like that so I don't "happen" on it one day..

:'( I am tidying up Haydens stuff this week and wondering where to put stuff like that so I don't "happen" on it one day..

My first and very strong reaction is that I would want my husband, Rob, to destroy all evidence of me with this horrendous disease and be left with our multitude of good memories.
-kay

Hmm.. perhaps Hayden would feel the same. God knows he hated this disease and how it was trying to change US

Yes, I think that is what I would do too. no need to keep the bad memories, hold on tight to the good ones.

It was just so weird, because I feel very comfortable with the disease now and didn't expect to have such a reaction.

You might want to think about keeping the documents and putting them away in a box somewhere. Most everyone has family and god forbid this horrible disease ever struck another family member, a valuable clue to help them may be in the paperwork.

My first and very strong reaction is that I would want my husband, Rob, to destroy all evidence of me with this horrendous disease and be left with our multitude of good memories.
-kay

When we remodeled our downstairs bathroom and converted the ds study into a bedroom about three years ago, my PALS told me that I should put them all back to how they were before his illness as soon as he's gone. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back