Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
Ca
State
On
City
Barrie
I'm on the bus on my way to meet a friend to go spend the day having fun at a local amusement park and i'm sobbing and people are starting to stare haha. Everyone keeps telling me to go, get out, have fun, your so young.. but how do I enjoy myself when overcome with guilt if I even think of being normal?! :confused:

I think we CALS always feel guilty for something. We do need a life Outside of ALS but feeling guilty is normal. Have fun today and enjoy yourself.

Debbie

As CALS, we often tend to forget and ignore ourselves. And then when we do agree to do something just for ourselves, we tend to question if its really okay. This really would not be so much of an issue if we didn't care so much... but we do. And because we do, we'll just have to get over ourselves and grab onto any "YOU" day for all that its worth. So go on and enjoy! You can feel guilty afterwards for having such a good time (and probably will).

Jim

Guilt is a waste of time--you deserve a break and it will make you actually a better caregiver. enjoy yourself today, and go home with a rested spirit and smile on your face.

Thanks all! He's safe, even if grumpy. Having a great time in the sun!

Attachments

• 1406050753245.jpg
    1406050753245.jpg
    989.7 KB · Views: 302
Don't feel guilty!

Get some down time and rejuvenate yourself. :)

>Thanks all! He's safe, even if grumpy. Having a great time in the sun!

Amy did you notice you are sideways? :)

and I'll bet Hayden isn't all that grumpy!

Amy I know the feeling, I can sympathise.

Argue with that guilt this way - if YOU burn out (and carers sure do) then who is going to take care of your PALS full time eh?

Banish that evil guilt it achieves nothing productive!

Guilt is alcohol soluable
Vincent

Lol Vincent, you ARE from Barrie! :p

oh Amy! I know just how you feel! and my guilt is generally mixed with a sprinkle of anger, guess at least that keeps the tears away! lol
anyway, taking some time is something you have to make yourself do....period.

So did you pound that guilt into submission and have a great break Amy?

Yep! And when I got home his oldest son had visited, they went out for lunch AND brought home flowers for me! :)

Oh that is PRICELESS!

You must have stamped that guilt out well and look at the result when you got home :)

Now you can cultivate visits and outings by others with him!

I know when Chris was mobile I tried to encourage his kids to come get him, take him out, do things with him!

His son took him fishing once. So sad, they could have built so many memories, and I was seen as negative if I tried to say they may not have many opportunities to do it ...

Ya..I'm trying to encourage ppl in secret to visit as he gets all bent out of shape if he knows I'm "arranging play dates " for him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back