Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
My husband was diagnosed with ALS in January 2007. our oldest child was a senior, and when June came around I felt sad that the rest of the kids would not have their daddy at their graduation.

fast forward to 2014--my baby is graduating next weekend and his daddy WILL be there! I guess you can not put much stock into a time frame or progression with the crappy disease. never give up and never surrender--

Other news on the kid front..that same little boy is turning out quite nicely thanks so much. he is getting out of the horrible teens and behaving in a much better manner. I am actually starting to like him! ;-)He has given me fits for the last two years but I think it is all going to be OK with him.

Last bit of news---I am going to visit my oldest and his wife next month! can't wait to get away for a three day weekend. My oldest daughter is going to be head caregiver, and the CNA is working the weekend. should be fine. I can't wait to sleep!

That is great news that your husband gets to attend your son's graduation. Also, encouraging news that your son is getting out of his rebellion stage. My sixteen year old son is not a big fan of either his dad or I right now. He especially doesn't care much for me. I'm hoping it is just a stage he's going through. He has quite the temper. Unfortunately, that's a inheritted trait from my dad, husband, and me.
I am so happy that you are going to be able to visit your oldest. You sure deserve a break and it's only for three days so your hubby should be able to handle that. I am so looking forward to visiting my dad in a few weeks. I have been working alot of hours lately and having a sit down job my butt is getting sore. lol Kim

>I guess you can not put much stock into a time frame or progression with the crappy disease. never give up and never surrender--

:)

Barbie, you did it girl! I felt like snatching that diploma for myself after out youngest graduated from college. So thankful that is dad will be there to see him and happier that you are getting away. As usual, I'm going to pretend it's me getting away. Nothing on the agenda except sleep, sleep and more sleep.

Debbie

Oh Barbie what exciting news! So happy for you! An exciting time indeed with graduation, a visit to your oldest sons and some time to relax and sleep! You are overdue for a few minutes (to say the least) to rest!

Hope the graduation is spectacular and so glad you're hubby can experience that too! Such sweet moments in life!

HUGE GRIN Barbie!

You have continually inspired me here. Hearing all that good news for you and for your family is just awesome.

I agree with Tillie in that you have always inspired me. Glad to hear your updates and the good news about your son. Enjoy your visit and get some much needed rest.

and Barbie, don't forget to get pictures :)

That is so great Barbie. We did the grad thing last weekend. My dad couldn't go to the graduation but the school put it on live feed on the computer so my parents and brother who lives in oregon got to watch.

We had a family/friend BBQ and my parents got to come to that. My son put on his cap and gown and we got pictures with my parents. It was really nice.

I hope you enjoy it and your weekend with your oldest. You deserve it. You work so hard and encourage everyone here. Bless you.

I am so happy for you and your family Barbie. It is great your husband will be there when your 'baby' graduates.
Last year when our son graduated from college his dad decided not to travel because he felt the 400+ miles each way will be too tiring for him. He was able to watch the ceremonies on live stream.

Here's a picture of the newest and last high school grad in our house! It was a rainy afternoon, but the skies cleared in time for the ceremony. they hold it on the football field. Honestly, I hate going to graduations--they are so boring except that 10 seconds when they call your kid's name!

4375-albums861-picture6688.jpg

>they are so boring except that 10 seconds when they call your kid's name!

And I took 300 shots that day

So glad you and your husband could experience it all together. You are such an awesome cals!

Trina

Barbie that is such great news! You have definitely done a fine job! I am so happy dad was able to be there also!
We live in a small community so the majority of kids graduating are like our own kids... oh the wonderful memories of them all... in bigger schools it does take forever for that 10 seconds.
Very happy for you all Barbie.
Hugs
Linda

>Here's a picture of the newest and last high school grad in our house!

:) ... and now what? U o M is always looking for young engineering talent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back