Reason
Other
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
Does anyone know of any home care agencies that offer caregiver support programs in Ontario?

Are u looking for emotional, physical for pal or around the house? We have Bayshore come in, so far they feed my hubby, provide companionship and tidy up my house. In simcoe county we also have Independent Living Services, they'll clean, do errands and even go to appt w pals, all gov't funded!

My mom has ALS and I need someone to come in to the home because I took a leave of absence from work to care for her myself, and I have to go back to work next month. I need full-time care for my mom and really don't want to put her in a home.

I have heard of Bayshore, how are the caregiver's who visit?

I really like Retire-At-Home Services. They offer a variety of information, support and services, this is the best home care agency I have found so far. I may go with them, still doing my research because I really want to find the right care for my mom. Would like to have three options to choose from if possible.

Does your mom go to the ALS clinic?
They will have a socialworker that will help you with a variety of options.
I currently have ccac access, with personal support workers coming 3 hours a day to give my wife a break. I know I have access to more hours, but this is all we are using right now.
Casey

Bayshore is..ok. each psw is different, some do great personal care, others just clean my house lol

No my mom doesn't go to the ALS clinic, but I will look into this, thanks CGARS. I have heard about CCAC are they any good?

Bayshore is..ok. each psw is different, some do great personal care, others just clean my house lol

Thanks for the recommendation Tinyandme! Much appreciated.

I checked out Bayshore, seems like they offer a lot of home care services which is great. Now I'm torn between them and another home care agency I am considering: Both offer a great variety of home care services that will suit our needs and my moms. I will decide in about a week, which one I will go with, wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back