Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
I have my husband home from hospital. The doctors agreed I can now care for him better at home than in a noisy, busy, understaffed hospital.

He has recovered so amazingly, but I know the next couple of days is where we will both realise, in our own home environment, just how much weaker he will be.

Still I'm so happy to have him home and see him smile and far more relaxed now the pneumonia is responding to treatment and he is here.

Thanks for the support I've had so many PM and they have been so appreciated.

I'm totally exhausted too of course, staying nights in a hospital, then trying to function during the day and ensure he is cared for by 'nurses' who don't understand this disease is nearly as hard on the CALS as the pneumonia was on my PALS.

glad you guys are home!

Glad you are home. Believe it or not things will be a lot better in your home than in the hospital. No nurses coming in every 2 hours. Try to get some much needed rest. Love and hugs!

Debbie

I sure know he will get better care here now he doesn't need the IV and the fevers have stopped. I gave the doctor all the reasons why he would get better care here and he had to agree (eg waiting up to an hour for a buzzer to be answered!)

He didn't have a great night, he is very scared, and his breathing of course has been affected by this and the more scared he is, the more his breathing is affected ...

Oh Tillie, I am so happy you are both at home. There is no place like home!
Major Hugs.
Linda

Welcome home Tillie! There really is no place like home :)

Kind regards, Max

We are sure glad to be home. I keep getting these weird thoughts where I suddenly imagine whatever I'm doing for him, in the quiet and peace here, of us being still in that busy, noisy, mad hospital, and I just giggle and tell him and we both laugh.

We had a fairly uncomfortable first night, lots of up and down between bed and recliner.

At times he is very frail and weak, but at others he is about as strong as he was last week.

One day at a time, and we got a sleep this afternoon so that has helped. Some dog therapy too did him the world of good.

Nasty side issue of too many fungal issues, those fevers and antibiotics, oh dear!

I have learned a lot over this week about both of us, myself and life in general.

that photo album was wonderful therapy Max, thank you!

The hardest part we are battling here now is fungal attacks after antibiotics and fevers. The oral thrush is distressing my husband, and the groin and peg thrush is distressing me.

Otherwise he feels quite well, though is much weakened as one would imagine.

I'm even more exhausted than ever...

Tillie,
My heart goes out to you and your husband. Please continue to take those naps and stay strong. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Bella is my pup therapy. She loves to ride. If I'm walking, which is less and less, she is right there in case I fall.

Tracy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 412
Hi, Tillie --

>that photo album was wonderful therapy Max, thank you!

:) I am always good for puppy shots :)

I am down to 20k from 80k so far ... about 1/2-1/2 kids vs. dogs ...

>I'm even more exhausted than ever...

that is something you need to watch. Sandy, too. I find myself having to rely on her for the simplest things even now :-(.

make time for you, too.

Tillie sending Major Hugs! Take care of you for us!

Tracy I just love that photo! Our dogs are big and one just lays at the foot of the wheelchair so he can scratch her belly with his foot as he can move them.

They can reach his face to kiss him and clean his mouth too :lol:

My home help lady this morning exclaimed to me (again) after being here 3 hours, the time just FLIES in your house, I feel like I got nothing done ... That's how it is, everything needs to be done so slowly for him, and everything takes time and I refuse to have him rushed as it is his home.

Max I hope you always remember to consider Sandy. With ftd my husband has no empathy, though occasionally he does show me a little, mostly he really doesn't track time, and doesn't have any understanding that any paid staff would only be allowed to work a shift of a certain length, then would need time off. I haven't had a break since August when he was still mobile and went to visit his sister. I'm not complaining, but I can't quite explain to him that I will burn out if we are not careful. I would do anything for him, the problem is I'm only 1 person and we need about 4 of me really ;)

Thanks for the hugs, of course I'll always have something left over for you all!

Ah, Tillie --

>Max I hope you always remember to consider Sandy ...

Me, too -- that is my biggest worry right now. I just took her out to dinner, even got down a cup of soup :).

>I'm not complaining, but I can't quite explain to him ...1 I would do anything for him

well the FTD complicates things a bunch, but sometimes 'complaining' can be self-therapudic ...

>Thanks for the hugs, of course I'll always have something left over for you all!

You know in Texas it is Y'All :)

Tillie, my big dog loves to lay at in front of the pwc and get foot rubbed. The little dogs likes to stand on the arm of the couch and lick hubby face. we cant let the little one in his lap because she will knock his hand by accident and he will take off in the chair and run into a wall!

I love those dogs--

Tillie, try hard to rest and don't overdo. I know this is so hard for you right now. You are an angel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back