lala land
It takes love over gold
and mind over matter
to do what you do that you must

When the dreams that you hold
can fall and be shattered
or run through your fingers like dust

Dire Straits

No matter what, I love my husband, no matter what this disease strips from him, body and mind, and love is the most valuable thing there is.

Thanks Tillie. After 43 years of marriage, we have had our share of ups and downs, laughter and tears but love endures. Someone once told me "you always remember your first and last love". I'm lucky to have that in the same man. I remember my wedding vows like it was yesterday and repeat the last often. Till death us do part.

I have only been married 18 years, but yes, love endures. We have had some wonderful times and some pretty horrible times, but we both love each other and know that the other one is there no matter what . You are right,, till death do us part. Sometimes though, I wish I could remember that love endures all when I am losing my temper about something.

We have only been married 2.5 years, and only been together 4 years. I am finding it harder and harder to remember the good stuff, but I work hard at keeping those memories!

I try hard to think about my PALS in happier days. I am determined not to let ALS take that away. I remember when my MOM passed away, I could only remember her dying. It took me along time to get that out of my mind. I don't want that to happen with my Hubby. Tillie- I have friends that have been married for years and are not happy in their marriage. Although you have been together a short time, he sounds like he is the love of your life. I'm going to start keeping a journal of the times in our lives to give to our sons. I'm afraid to rely on my pea brain much longer.

Debbie a journal is an excellent idea!
I am going to try and start one today. Happy Days Before ALS!
The boys will love it, and it will be a great escape for me.
Hugs
Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back