Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
nc
City
louisburg
This is actually my first post. It seems my husband Bob is losing his battle with this awful disease. How do you do this? He is the love of my life and it is killing me to watch him leave me. He looks scared even though we believe he will be in a better place free from all of this. God has given us the strength to get this far so I know He is here now. I have found that you wonderful folks here always have something up lifting to say to keep us going. I don't know what that is but I sure could use a little help right now.

Hello! I wish I had the most comforting words for you! Something that would ease your heart and comfort you behind measure! You sound like a wonderful caregiver! The Lord will hold you both-he is a refuge. Prayers go out for you!

I wish you strength in your hour of need. Sending hugs and prayer. May the Lord bless you both. I wish I could do more.

I'm so sorry things are very difficult for you and your husband now. I wish strength and peace for both of you. I am thinking about you. Trina

All I know is that it is something that I dread with every fiber of my being, and we too believe in the Lord, and are ready for when we are called, spiritually. One question, is your husband on any morphine? A very small amount will not inhibit his breathing, but actually help him feel a little easier. It even works really well in a nebulizer. I try to think about what it will be like to be in our perfect bodies, with no aches, pains, diseases. I remember the excitement that I have had in the past for a new experience, or holiday in an exotic place, and then remind myself that where I or my husband will be going is so much better than that.

In my time dealing with the dying, I have had them close their eyes, and try to imagine the most beautiful place that they can. I sometimes describe beautiful places that I have been, on the top of a mountain in the brilliant sunshine with pillowy soft clouds below me. Watching the snow swirl in the wind and having the crystals reflect the sun so that it looks like a miniature sparkling whirlwind, and smelling the cool fresh air with a hint of evergreen. Lead him into beautiful thoughts, with a soft calming voice. I think you get the picture. God has given us so many amazingly beautiful things to see, and remember pointing to how much he loves us.

God bless you and I wish you both calming peace.

Paulette

I wish you strength on this journey. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers and always Remember we are all here for you!

Thank you for your beautiful posts! I guess Bob is more ready for this than I am. We have said our good byes and hope too see each other in a place where all good things are there for us. I can not say enough how special all of you are on this forum. Always there for a comforting thoughtror helpful idea. God bless!

I am so sorry you have reached this point already. You sound like a loving wife, and you have a hard journey ahead of you. Please be kind to yourself as you are to your Bob.

I can't imagine what you are going through right now. I am sure you will find the strength to make this journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back