Diagnosis
06/2009
Country
US
State
MA
City
Westfield
Hello, was posting on here a few months back but stopped. Last night my mom passed. Had such a long drawn out battle with ALS spanning over almost 5 years. Her breathing was shallow for a few days and last night she was not able to catch her breath again. We didn't see it coming this soon. She passed with My brothers, father, her dogs and myself all sitting on her bed holding her hand and comforting her. Was a long difficult road filled with stress and meltdowns but at the end of the day we would all do it again. To all my Cals out there, there are times where you feel like you can't do it anymore, I felt like that daily. Times where you may wonder if it is worth all the heartache and struggle. Let me tell you it is. After my mom left us we all felt relief. Relief that she is no longer suffering. That she can now do the things she loves most--talk, give hugs, garden, take long walks with her dogs, cook up some kielbasa or a nice steak and have an ice cold beer after a long days work. She was so strong even during her hardest days. She remained a loving mother, friend and wife even though she couldn't always participate the way she wanted to. Just want to let all you Cals out there know that you are amazing and your Pals immensly love and appreciate you even though it may not seem that way at the time. God bless you, keep your head up. You have no idea of the gift you are giving through all of your patience and sacrifices. You will NEVER regret it.

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers of comfort and strength.

I'm sorry for you loss. May she rest in peace.

I am so sorry for you loss. I will add you and your family to my prayer list. Kim

Your post brought tears to my eyes! I am so sorry for your loss, she sounded like a wonderful woman. peace to you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I never got to talk to you here, but your words, in the midst of your own grief meant so much to me.

I wish you and your family much peace and healing now.

So sorry for your loss, I hope that my family is around when my time comes and that they feel the relief that you speak of, you are in my prayers.

Your Mom sounds like an amazing woman... Who raised amazing children.

My condolences to you and your family.

I'm so sorry for your loss ...

I'm sorry about your mom - I'm glad she is not suffering anymore. Take care of yourself, Trina

Very sorry Blue, sending hugs and hoping your family can all find some peace through this difficult time.

Blue, I just read this. I am so sorry about your loss. But I know exactly the feeling of relief that comes, knowing that the suffering is finally over. My condolences to you.

Steve

I'm sorry for your loss, and even though you know she is in a better place it doesn't hurt less, it is just mixed with some good stuff too. Thank you and your family for being there for her, making her feel so loved, what a wonderful last moment.
Paulette

So sorry for your loss, so glad you were all with your mum when she passed.

Thank you so much everyone for all of your kind words! My mom was amazing. I just hope some Cals who are having a tough day read this and realize how important they are and how much they are appreciated by their Pals--even if they are not able to verbalize it or show their emotions know they appreciate you. I am seriously amazed by people with ALS. They demonstrate such strength, courage and determination to live (despite so much physical and emotional suffering). Literally blows my mind how strong they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back