Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Cincinnati
My mother's progression is happening fast. I noticed a bigger change in her voice this week, and so did she. I need to start recording videos while she still has her voice. I am also trying to get a benefit together for her. Its hard keeping up with everything. I have started depression medication and it is helping I think... I am more tired lately than usual but not having breakdowns as much. I love her so much and everyday is a reminder that our time together is limited. I can't imagine life without her in the house I grew up in. I'm not prepared for what is to come...

As soon as I begin to cope with how things are, they seem to get worse. My heart is with everyone that is affected by this disease.

It is so hard to deal with changes. as soon as you think you have a handle on things, they get worse. I don't have any advice for you but keep doing the best you can. that is all that you can expect of yourself. Hang in there!

Thank you for the support. Just having this forum is enough sometimes!

you know 'hang in there' sounds so glib when it comes from someone who is not going through this, but when someone like Barbie who is battling and has been for some years, it sounds so sustaining.
I'm so sorry you are here with use AngelaRenee, and I don't really have any words of wisdom as I'm in the same position - watching the progression happen to the person you love is just so difficult, accepting it is happening is even harder.

I don't know how to prepare for what is to come, but reading here does help to find small ways at times.

It's so helpful to have a place like this to vent, be understood and not judged, and to actually have empathy rather than sympathy.

So I second the motion - hang in there, make those videos and enjoy what you do have and try not to focus on what is already lost and what is to come. Amongst all that is happening, make as many great memories as you can, that's something you can then keep!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back