Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Just wanted to share the present I am working on for my husband for father's day. I have been scanning pictures of him (have 160 so far) from babyhood thru now and putting them on my computer. I have built a power point slide show with them and am going to put them to music. The bulk of the pictures are of him with our kids from babies to weddings(oldest kid is getting married this month). I have picked out 3 songs--"Oh Very Young", "teach your Children" and "Say Hey I Love you". think I need one more song since I still have a good 30 pics to upload. The kids say I am going to make him cry so I want an upbeat song for the 4th song!

Last year I really thought it would be his last father's day so this is a bonus;-)

B

How about Frank Sinatra "I did it my way" ?
Or Bob Seger "Like a rock"
Michael Buble' "The best is yet to come" also done by Frank Sinatra,
"Dream a little of me" by Mama Cass,
"Crazy little thing called love" done by Queen, Michael Buble" Dwight Yokum and Elvis
"We are young" by Janelle Monea'
"When I'm 64" by the Beatles ? Just a few off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Barbie! What a grand idea! I am most impressed that you are already working on it and sounds like you are pretty much done. Sorry I'm no help with a song... Gary calls me an entertainment illiterate. I can never remember song or singer names. Vicki has a few to choose from though!

well, actually I don't know how to get the music...kids will have to download it. thanks for the suggestions Vicki--keep em coming!
B

@Barbie:

You always have clever and brilliant ideas.
Good for you.

NH

Great idea Barbie. I might try to do something similiar for my dad. My brother downloaded some old family pics for him on his ipad awhile back and he was thrilled. Thanks for the reminder to do it. Kim

Barbie,

I like reading your posts! Such a cool idea for your hubby! Here's one idea: Lovin Spoonful song "what a day for a daydream"--cute, gentle, and sweetly upbeat

Great idea! Your husband will love it..Happy tears are healing..

Ok here's a few more

"Dancing on the ceiling" Lionel Richie
"I love you more today than yesterday" Spiral Staircase
"You"ve made me so very happy" Blood Sweat and Tears
"We'll sing in the sunshine" Gale Garnett
"Everything is Beautiful" Ray Stevens

One more then I have to stop....

"Its a beautiful day" Michael Buble'

Ok no more.... I could go on forever. I love music. Some one else needs to come up with some.

"Don't Worry, Be Happy" Bobby McFerrin - it's pretty upbeat fun song

This is a great project, thank you for sharing it on the forum!

I think I am going to be listening to music this weekend!

"Life with out music would B flat"

I'm Yours by Jason Mras

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" an upbeat version by Brother Is? Or Stand By Me, Ben E King, The Air that I Breathe by the Hollies. Nice project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back