Diagnosis
07/2012
Country
US
State
CT
City
Niantic
Hello and hope all is as well as can be with everyone. My pals has shifted once more into a weaker state. He has been barely able to lift his can of beer. This sounds like a petty concern but I am certain his beer drinking is what is responsible for his lack of weight loss. His arms are like sticks but his core is in fair weight. Still he has lost approx 45 pounds.
He has refused to allow me to order a lift chair but I feel he really could benifi from it. He can never relax at all during the day as he always has to sit with his head held up by a barely functioning arm. Actually he can only do this by pushing and shoving the arm about but he does manage but not for long I am afraid.
Reading another cals story. "Don't Buy Too Many Green Bananas" Always some more insight into this and that which I am sure is info I can use in the future. I have a huge collection of digital notes from my reads. Many we may not use but many we may.
I am interested in a bidet. But convincing my pals to any new device is difficult. The VA put us in a great new shower with all the bells and whistles so we are fine there.
Reading reminds me of how fortunate I am that my husband is so thoughtful (most of the time) and as concerned with me as I am with him.
Looking forward to our next appointment with Hospital for Special Care. With the exception of our PT and OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST at the VA I find the care from the DR and nurse at the VA severely lacking or almost non existent. Still counting our blessings at this point in time.
We hope to attend our first support group the first week in May. I will probably go alone to see if this will work for us but phil may go. We shall see.
Happy Spring to all. Pat :)

Hi Pat, glad to see you enjoying the season and feeling good. Just go ahead and order that chair--it is easier to ask for forgiveness after it is here then get permission before hand...;(

He might get mad--then he'll be glad. that recliner is a little thing--and for some reason it represents giving up to him. my husband was the same way about a toilet chair. he was already in a PWC but was insisting on transferring to the real toilet. I got tired of nagging and just ordered one. when it showed up--he laughed and we tried it out. later he said to me--"I sure am glad I ordered that chair" wink, wink. "yes," I agreed, "you are so smart"

B

Thank you for the reply Barbie. I did order that chair and I am sure when it arrives in time for Phils Birthday he will be happy to have. Sometimes it is so nice to know there are others out there who understand. Thanks always.

stubborn aren't they! you both are singing my song. I have simply decided to out stubborn him! haha.
he is always happy I did as it generally makes life easier when things are safer

Hi Pat, Whenever a new level of this disease begins I always think it is in my head at first and drive myself nuts thinking I am paranoid. At first you really have to be aware of such changes because it will be the difference between an accident (I have heard of some on this forum that are very bad) and new equipment. Go with the new equipment even if it is just to practice using it until you actually need it. Makes the transition a little better. My husband drinks wine every evening. We chose a table for his eye gaze computer and drinks; coffee, juice, water, wine etc. and a straw fits perfectly. The wine relaxes him, helps his appetite and has also helped to sustain his weight (especially since he doesnt like overly fatty or sugary foods). We have a bidet. It is a seat attachment we put on our own toilet. It is great for many reasons and my husband is very glad to have it. Good luck and God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back