04/2010
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Princess Anne
Not sure where to post this.
I am writing today, April 21, 2013. On this date, three years ago, my PALS was diagnosed at a very reputable hospital in the state of Maryland. I remember it as being a very sobering time for us. However, as we vowed, we would get through this TOGETHER. My PALS symptoms began as a limb onset in the year 2009. As of this writing, he has progressed to using a pwc and a Trilogy respirator 24/7. He has "lost" the use of his lower leg muscles and his upper arm muscles are showing atrophy. He can still eat my table food (which is quite delicious, mmmmm, LOL) and most importantly he tells me daily: " He loves me." He has lost nearly all of his independence. I feed him, bathe him, shave him, dress him and even wipe his tearing eyes. Because of our faith: WE know that GOD is in control and none of us knows the future. Our faith continues to sustain us and keep with us a positive attitude and sweet spirit.
God BLESS all CALS!

You are a loving and devoted caregiver. I can't imagine the strength and love it takes to care so completely and deeply for someone who is ill. I am on the other side and I can tell you and all caregivers you are appreciated even if we don't show it or can't say it. You are loved beyond measure. Even on days that are frustrating, embarrassing, sad and full of pain you stand beside us, it is truly the meaning of love.

I tell my family everyday especially my hero husband that I love them and thank them for everything they do. Bless you and all the caregivers, yours is the hardest job.

Vickim: Thank you for your time in posting that. This is such an emotional day for us. Your kind and supporting words will carry this CALS long into next week. YOU, like my husband, make it easier to be a caregiver when the spirit is so sweet. GOD BLESS YOU.

Beautiful.. It's the simple joys of life, the humour, the tenderness, the love and of course the good food that can carry us through. For your ALS anniversary, I am sending you my best wishes. Many blessings

Thank you for sharing your story--you are a wonderful caregiver and wife and you husband is so lucky to have you. I love that he tells you I love you everyday!

B

Thank you. How are things in my ole stomping grounds of PA with your PALS?

you are both lucky to have each other...its terrifying as a PALS who isn't married...don't get me wrong i have a wonderful support system in family and friends but what you both have...as hard as it is....is beautiful....God bless you both and enjoy your time together. Your most enjoyable day together may be a lot different than someone else's but it's yours. best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back