Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Waterford
Does anyone know of a comfortable diaper. My mom was diagnosed about 3 1/2 yrs ago. She is 78 yrs young, and the nursing home diapers, with the 1 foot gusset, are killing her! We have tried Tena and Depend, but they are all too thick, and really bunch up between her legs. Poor thing, that's the only thing she complains about (and the nursing home frood of course). We live in Ontario, Canada. Any help would be much appreciated. God Bless::confused:

Is she a small women, petite? I was guessing she is and I found these through am azon.

Tena's "Special Cut" small means it is cut shorted in the waist to better fit small adults. Rated for moderate to heavy absorbency. Will fit those with waists of 20 to 36 inches.

Hello Waterford from Ottawa,

Glad to read your dear mom is feisty enough to complain about the food! Kudos to her.

Abbas Child, a most excellent member, whom sadly I never got to know during her lifetime, posted the following regarding diapers. Hope it's helpful, to you. I believe you can purchase via amazon or similar.

Diaper brand with high rating

When I had to begin using diapers, I had seen a very inclusive chart (never seen since). But the highest brand was "Abena" and I believe the total name was "Abena Abri-form". Since then I've read other reports which continue speaking most highly of this brand. Forget the Depends, which were at the very bottom in every study I saw.

This is where I buy diapers by the case, free shipping and no tax for me. If you're in California, you probably want to shop somewhere else. These are not a U.S. product.
XP Medical - Abena Abri-Form X-Plus Adult Diapers

Moderated! Sigh. Stay tuned, I sent you a link.

Annie used Abena ABRI-FORM diapers. They come in various sizes - she used size M3 and found them very comfortable. They never leaked and they were much better than Depends or other common brands. She got them from XP Medical in Holland MI, which shows up immediately if you do a search for the company name. A contact there is Gary Evans @ 888-485-2268.

Annie used Abena ABRI-FORM diapers. They come in various sizes - she used size M3 and found them very comfortable. They never leaked and they were much better than Depends or other common brands. She got them from XP Medical in Holland MI, which shows up immediately if you do a search for the company name. A contact there is Gary Evans @ 888-485-2268.

Oh Phil,

I had in fact cut and pasted Annie's post in my original reply! How ironic.

Hey Elaine,

Well, maybe your post will be released on good behavior from moderator jail someday :)

No, unfortunatley she is not a petite woman. She is about 160lbs, and getting quite thick through the middle. But I thank you for your help

Yes, I will look into these diapers for her. This brand has come up on a couple of posts. Thank You so Much for your reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back