12/2012
Country
US
State
PA
City
Pittsburgh
Hi All,
I just got home from my mom's and I am exhausted. I am with her every morning and this morning I helped her with her shower and she is supposed to be coming over to my house a little later today. I know I should be thankful that I can still get her out of the house, and I am, but I am so overwhelmed. My 13 year old son just got his Easter basket at one o'clock because I was too tired to do it last nite. Even tho he is not a youngster he is still my baby and I feel like I am just never around for him anymore - both physically and emotionally. My husband is here and he has been doing alot around the house, but it's just not the same as having me (mom) around.

I know that my son understands, he is very sweet and he loves his grandma, but I am losing time with him that I will never get back.

Thanks for listening. Happy Easter to everyone.

I undersand your feelings completely. My sons were 14, 13 and 11 when my mom was diagnosed 7 years ago. I wondered how I would ever be able to be a good mom to my sons and a good daughter taking care of my mom. Somehow it all worked out. My sons have all become wonderful men and have more compassion than many boys there age. You are showing your son family values that he will not forget as he grows older. He will not remember that the Easter Bunny was late, he will remember his wonderful mother who went above and beyond to care for his grandmother.

I undersand your feelings completely. My sons were 14, 13 and 11 when my mom was diagnosed 7 years ago. I wondered how I would ever be able to be a good mom to my sons and a good daughter taking care of my mom. Somehow it all worked out. My sons have all become wonderful men and have more compassion than many boys there age. You are showing your son family values that he will not forget as he grows older. He will not remember that the Easter Bunny was late, he will remember his wonderful mother who went above and beyond to care for his grandmother.

I agree completely. These days we feel that everything has to be picture perfect. When your son grows up he will be quite adept at handling life's ups and downs.

try not to beat your self up...you can only do so much and there is no good answer to your time dilemma. do you help your mom 7 days a week? do you have a back up person? sounds like you need a couple days off just to be mom again for your own family... all caregivers needs a break--and the care your mom needs will only increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back