Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Cincinnati
My mother is progressing quickly it seems. She can barely walk now. I know we need to look into home healthcare but she wants to be as independent as possible. I am guessing a rollator would help her out a little? The problem is that she cannot grab very well. Does anyone hace any suggestions?

-Angela

Call Clinic and let them know about the increasing leg weakness and clonus. Let them know if she has had any falls and that she is unable to use a rollator due to decreased hand strength. You need to get the PWC process started ASAP

The problem is that I have to speak with the ALS coordinator for Cincinnati. I am just impatient I guess I cannot get a hold of he right this minute. Please explain to me the PWC process?

Many Clinics will do the fitting during Clinic with the advice of the PT and the wheel chair rep from a local DME.
Some send you to a special wheelchair clinic for measuring and assessing needs both current and expected as the disease progresses
Lots of discussions on specific needs for the PWC in our archives.

It takes awhile for the paperwork to clear for insurance. Lots of things can cause delays. I was fortunate to have a powerful advocate at my Clinic and got mine n about a month. I've heard of some waiting ten months for delivery and others having to reSubmit because certain features were not approved.p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back