04/2009
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Philadelphia
Hey everyone!
My mom is on her 6th year of having ALS. She can not walk, or use her arms really. Seh can talk a little, but It is hard to understand her. She used to be the GLUE that held chrismast togehter hosting a party for about 40 family members at her house. Now she can't do anything to help, but tell us what she would like us to do. This makes her more deppressed then usual. Does anyone have any ideas of ways to take her mind of what she CAN"T do and focused on what she CAN still do. Because I have tried soooooo many things and I need something new :) Thank you!
Jen

Can she type? If she could type on a computer maybe you could put her in charge of telling the stories of your family christmas past working up to the present and if you have old christmas pictures or cards make it a family heirloom scrapebook sort of thing. if she can't type maybe she could dictate it to someone who understands her. You know her limitations better than anyone else but I was just thinking the scrapbook would take minimal effort as far as energy. I wish you peace.

Something unexpected? Something frivolous?

Check out local youth orchestras- some of these kids do "gigs"on the side- a few could come over and play- for her.

We recently hired a quartet of teenage violinists from the local performing arts school- it was magical and oh so easy on the wallet! Still wondering who enjoyed themselves more - us or the kids.

Merry Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back