Diagnosis
00/2000
Country
OH
State
ohio
City
columbus
Its amazing how ALS creeps around like its going to take away my sister and changes its mind. I sure thought she was leaving here back in august and september. She is actually doing way better and breathing isn't the big issue anymore. Mucus seems to be the battle now. We have had a couple of big mucus plug scares. The hospice doctor has stopped all other mucus meds and switched her to rubinol. The med is great but it has caused the mucus to be like thick snot. My sis has figured out that when it is becoming a problem sips of juice help to thin it out and so we start suctioning before it plugs her up. Hospice also recommends laying her on her side and having suctioning that way while we firmly pat her upper back so we aren't fighting gravity. Hospice has also rented her a Broda chair which is really great for positioning. We use a hoyer more often because I have thrown my back out too.

You are a strong woman and a wonderful CALS! You have my admiration and prayers Keeper! I'm glad your Sis is doing better! :)

glad your sister is doing better. you are doing a wonderful job taking care of her. thanks for the update, i was wondering about the two of you. dont forget to take care of yourself also.

Hi Girlfriend,
Was wondering about you and how things were going. Glad to hear things are going a little bit better. My dad is back staying at his home in the same town as me. I am so glad to see him since it was Labor day when he was last home. You are a wonderful sister to take such good care of your sister. Please take care of yourself too. Kim

Glad to hear your sister is doing better. Sound like you are taking great care of her. Don't forget to do the same for yourself.

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back