Reason
Friend was DX
Country
US
State
Mass
City
Boston
Hi, I was just wondering if some of you could tell me what you think is the most important thing to a person with ALS? I want to be able to help my friend as best I can.

A cure. A miracle. Time.

Failing that- caring non-judgmental friends.

Suggest you read posts by Abbaschild, Brooksea, SadieMae, Rose to name a few- you'll find lots of great advice.

I guess time is the best thing I can give?

Don't treat her different because she has als....she is still your friend. Laugh with her...help her....cry with her.....let her be who she is. your friend. Dont ignore the als. Its now a part of your friendship. And welcome to our forum. You will learn a lot from these people.

I was moderatored.....oh well:(

Educate yourself by reading up on ALS- especially about anticipatory needs- and be a friend. Listen. Care. Clean. Shop. Cook.
Whatever is needed- anticipate it and like NIKE- just do it. You will not regret it.

Thanks so much Ottawa girl, that sounds very smart, I try my best to be a good friend, but I'm not very good at cleaning. Maybe I can do some cooking, I'm pretty good at that.

You are really very helpful Ottawa girl, thanks so much.

Johnnysgal-

If you have read posts on this forum- you would know moderating of posts is done automatically to safeguard the integrity of this site and its contents. (it happens at least once on ever thread) . Please read more and post less until you get the lay of the land... and ask all of your questions at one time. It'll be easier for us who struggle with a keyboard, but still want to help. Just save up your questions- we don't mind answering- but one at the time can be onerous.

I am very sorry Ottawa girl. If you have any trouble at all answering please don't trouble yourself on my account. I don't want to trouble anyone.

They are checking my post to make sure I didnt say anything wrong in it. Its okey. happens to us all at times. Its the words we choose to use I guess. though I cant think of any in that post that set it off.

Thanks vzandt. I think I understand now.

Its okey Johnnysgal. Ask away. read as much as you can. Someone will answer your questions if they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back