Loved one DX
Country
US
State
TX
City
Columbus
Hi Everyone,

I am a new member. My dad was diagnosed in 2002 with ALS when I was 20 years old. He is on hospice care now and I help take care of him. I would like to connect with people who are dealing with similar issues.

Hi peeps,

Wow, your dad has had ALS for over 10 years? He has certainly beat the odds, he must be very loved and well cared for by you all! God bless him. My grandfather also had a slow progression with ALS and actually died 13 years later of lung cancer not ALS. So far my husband seems to be progressing slowly and I pray it stays that way!

I think you will find a wealth of support, information and love by everyone on this forum.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

When he was diagnosed they told him he had 6 months to live. He tells me he is too stubborn to die. lol
So you have two people in your family affected by ALS?

Peeps

Hi, Peeps!
You've come to the right place for sharing information and gaining support.
Tell you Dad that I think stubbornness is a trait that most PALS exhibit, so he's not alone there.:wink::wink::):lol:

Welcome to the forum:) You will find many knowledgeable people who are more than willing to be there for you and answer any questions that arise. Enjoy each day with your dad even though there are many tough and hard days. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

My mom passed away from ALS in 2004. After diagnosis, she only lived about five months. The good news is that she is no longer suffering and because of her relationship with Jesus, she is in Heaven:)

Hi Peeps,
Welcome and visit as you need! Lots of very helpful people here. Rog has had noticeable symptoms since May 2010 and diagnosed in Aug. 2011; he is stubborn as well!

Jen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back