01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
Ok,

this morning i am p.o.! My DH tells me to buy a manual scale because he is going to gain 20 lbs!

how is this going to happen? he is going to eat more pudding. Lets see...ALS is off the table, a peg is off the table, pureed food takes 45 minutes a meal to get down followed by coughing for an hour. hospice will not let the CNA feed him bc of the choking. I work and not working is off the table. a paid health aide is not possible. others feeding him is not allowed.

daily menu:

oatmeal and fresh fruit (pureed together) with a benecal
coffee
juice
water
more coffee
dinner--what ever i cook, pureed. but, less than what i eat and always not all eaten. always from scratch, always well balanced because that is what I do.
water
ensure plus
pudding

I am just venting--he is impossible!

I feel for ya. All I can say is good luck and ALS sucks! (You are doing the best you can!)

So sorry it has to be all the more difficult Barbie.

I'm sorry Barbie.

I feel for you too, Barbie.

That is very difficult, so very sorry.

Barbie,
I'm so sorry... Sending hugs your way...

Jen

Barbie, I'm sorry. Sending you hugs.

Hugs Barbie

It ate ,y post. You need two more of you!

He won't do the PEG, huh?

What about those protein powders weight builders use?

I'm so sorry, I am a recently diagnosed PAL and have already decided to get a PEG when the time comes. I am reading all of the CAL posts I can to know what NOT to do and DO to make it easier on my Dear Hubby (CAL). I'm a RN and am sure that helps me evaluate my future medical needs. Please keep posting, your posts are so insightful! Try to take care of yourself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back